Chandrakanta (2017 TV series)
Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha (English: Moonlight - An Elusive Love Story) is an Indian supernatural fantasy television series which premiered on Colors TV on 24 June 2017 and ended on 16 June 2018. Based on the novel of the same name written by Devaki Nandan Khatri, it tells the story of Princess Chandrakanta. The show is produced by Ekta Kapoor and directed by Ranjan Kumar Singh under the Balaji Telefilms banner. The series stars Madhurima Tuli, Urvashi Dholakia, and Vishal Aditya Singh.
|Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Directed by||Ranjan Kumar Singh|
Vishal Aditya Singh
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||94|
|Running time||41 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||24 June 2017 –|
16 June 2018
Chandrakanta is born to Ratnaprabha (Shilpa Sakhlani), a great Ayyara(magician), who has the most powerful dagger of Lord Vishnu. Iravati (Urvashi Dholakia), an evil queen wants the dagger to rule the whole world and conquers Vijaygarh. Ratnaprabha stores the dagger at Lord Vishnu's temple to protect it and pass it to Chandrakanta after 21 years.
21 years later
21 years later, Iravati is still searching the dagger while Veerendra / Veer (Vishal Aditya Singh), her step son plans to conquer Suryagarh kingdom. Chandrakanta (Madhurima Tuli), raised by a poor fisherman couple, gets the dagger, but she doesn't know of its powers. Iravati emotionally blackmails Veer that she is suffering from the effects of black magic performed on her by a girl with a dagger mark on her body. He goes to Suryagarh and initially, pretends to be a lover of Chandrakanta in order to take revenge but as time goes by, starts loving her.Veer and Chandrakanta start loving each other. In the end, Queen Iravati succeeds in separating Veer and Chandrakanta. Veer, unexpectedly stabs Chandrakanta with the dagger and she falls off the cliff without knowing the reason of the betrayal.
One year later
Chandrakanta returns as Suryakanta (Pooja Banerjee) to find out that Veer has forgotten about the time he has spent with her in the past and has become a ruthless warrior under Iravati as now she is the owner of the magical dagger .Veer eventually regains his memory and finds out the truth about his mother and Chandrakanta and then decides to oppose his mother. He fights off and defeats the demons sent by his mother and saves Chandrakanta on several occasions. He also fights his stepbrother Swayam (Shaad Randhawa), the beast and defeats him in quite a few occasions but is unable to kill him. Finally Veer finds out that Swayam is immortal as he is blessed by Lord Vishnu and then he gives up his life fighting the beast and protecting Chandrakanta. Chandrakanta then as advised by Lord Vishnu injects Swayam's blood in Veer's body and resurrects him. Meanwhile, Tej (Ajay Arya), Veer's friend, Umang (Nirmal Soni), Chandrakanta's friend and Bhadra Maa (Maleeka R Ghai) get captured and tortured by Iravati who is trying to find out Chandrakanta. After resurrecting getting resurrected, Veer receives a new form of power in the form of Narsimha, a powerful Avatar of Lord Vishnu. Veer is the divine warrior and is chosen to put an end to the despotic rule of Queen Iravati and Swayam. Chandrakanta teaches Veer to control his new found powers and finally after a long fight Veer takes the form of the great Narsimha and kills Swayam and finally puts an end to the terror of Hirnasur. Iravati escapes and sorts the help of the "Asurs" from the Paatal Lok to defeat Veer. She returns with asurs but fails to defeat them. Meanwhile, Chandrakanta gives birth to a daughter, who is blessed to kill Iravati. Iravati attacks Veer and try to get Chandrakanta's daughter but chandrakanta saves her. Instead when Iravati tries to grab chandrakanta's daughter , she gets killed when she touches her. Chandrakanta and Veer name their daughter Suryakanta and establish peace and prosperity in Vijaygarh. The show ends here.
Awards and nominations
|2017||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress in a Lead Role||Madhurima Tuli||Nominated|
|Best Actress in a Negative Role||Urvashi Dholakia||Won|
- Madhurima Tuli as Queen chandrakanta veerender pratap singh / chandrakanta jai singh of Vijaygarh/Soorya ; daughter of a magician ; veerender wife ; hated by champa and iravati
- Vishal Aditya Singh as King Veerendra Pratap Singh of Vijaygarh/Veer, Step-son of Queen Iravati ; chandrakanta husband ; champa former lover
- Urvashi Dholakia as Queen Iravati of Vijaygarh ; a greedy women to find a dagger
- Nikhil Arya as Prince Dhruv of Chandangarh
- Shaad Randhawa as Prince Swayam, Step brother of Veer, and son of Iravati
- Pooja Banerjee as Sooryakanta, Chandrakanta's disguise
- Punit Talreja as Kroor Singh.
- Surjit Saha as Bhuwan
- Maleeka R Ghai as Bhadrama, a witch and Queen Iravati's former chief advisor
- Prerna Wanvari as Mayavi/Vishakha, Chandrakanta's maternal aunt
- Charvi Saraf/ Renee Dhyani as Gehna.
- Shreyas Pandit as Daksh, Iravati's elder brother
- Lalit Sharma as Aryan, Iravati's nephew, Daksh and Nishi's son
- Roma Bali as Nishi, Daksh's wife
- Rita Kaul Kotru as Aaina, Iravati's former advisor who is a spirit residing inside a mythical mirror
- Surendra Thakur as a monster
- Shrruti Gholap as Ruchi, Chandrakanta's foster mother
- Nitin Wakhariya as Koopat Singh, minister of Sooryagarh
- Ajay Arya as Tej Singh, Veerendra's friend
- Shilpa Sakhlani as Queen Ratnaprabha of Vijaygarh, Chandrakanta's birth mother and former ruler of Vijaygarh
- Sandeep Rajora as Raja Jai Singh, former king of Vijaygarh and birth father of Chandrakanta
- Nirmal Soni as Umang, a genie, Chandrakanta's friend
- Charu Mehra as Princess Sonakshi, Sooryagarh's princess
- Sunaina Shukla as Princess Sataakshi, Sooryagarh's princess
- Deepak as Kancha, Iravati's secret shape-shifting spy
- Purvi Mundada as Champa.
- Surendra Thakur as Beast
- Ethan rao as Saand Typhoon.
- Unnamed as King Avantimala, Sooryagarh's monarch
- Neha Chowdhury as Daas
- Saman Sadiq Ahmad as Sooryagarh's soldier
- Kratika Sengar as Narrator in Episode 1
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee as Jia (Cameo)
- Priyanka Sharma (7 December 2016). "Chandrakanta is making a comeback on two channels together, watch videos". The Indian Express. Retrieved 27 June 2017.