Chandragupta Maurya (2011 TV series)
Chandragupta Maurya (Devanagari: चन्द्रगुप्त मौर्य) is an Indian historical drama being broadcast on Dangal TV, based on the life of Chandragupta Maurya, an Indian emperor of ancient India and the founder of the Mauryan Empire. Chandragupta Maurya was first aired in March 2011 on Imagine TV. Ashish Sharma played the role of Chandragupta Maurya.
|Created by||Sagar Arts|
|Written by||Sumit Roy|
Brij Mohan Vyas
|Directed by||Bhushan Patel|
Arif Ali Ansari
|Starring||Ashish Sharma |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Original network||Imagine TV|
|Original release||11 March 2011 –|
7 April 2012
The story is about Chandragupta Maurya, who ruled over the Indian subcontinent in 300 BC. He would go on to become one of the greatest emperors in ancient India with his empire extending from Assam in the east to Afghanistan and Balochistan in the west.
- Ashish Sharma as Chandragupta Maurya, former Prince of Piplivan, first emperor of the Maurya Empire
- Rushiraj Pawar as Young Chandragupta Maurya
- Manish Wadhwa as Chanakya, a scholar from Takshashila, Chandragupta's adviser, Prime Minister of the Maurya Empire & also as Chanak, father of Chanakya
- Nidhi Tikoo as Durdhara, princess of Magadh, Chandragupta's wife
- Sooraj Thapar as Dhana Nanda emperor of Nanda Empire, sworn enemy of Chanakya & also as Mahapadma Nanda first emperor of Nanda Empire, father of Dhana Nanda
- Rajeev Bhardwaj as Bhadrabhatt
- Romanch Mehta as Purushdatt
- Tej Sapru as Amatya Rakshas, the Prime Minister of the Nanda Empire and Dhana Nanda's closest associate
- Rohit Purohit as Bhadrasaal, the General of the Nanda Army
- Ali Hassan as Virajas
- Mohak Meet as Aditya
- Sumit Vyas as Ambhik Kumar, Ambhiraj's son and Durdhara's fiancé
- Nitin Prabhat as Ambhik Kumar
- Mohsin Shaikh as Sukant
- Manas Adhiya as Ghanghor
- Rishi Raj Arya as Aerawat
- Ravi Patel as Akshay
- Malini Sengupta as Chitrarupa
- Deepti Dhyani as Mura
- Onkar Nath Mishra as Acharya Shreshtha
- Vishal Aditya Singh as Shashank
- Ankit Shah as Younger Shashank
- Lalit Negi as Digvijay
- Siddhharth Dhanda as Young Digvijay
- Tiya Gandwani as Mihika
- Tarun Khanna as Karvinath
- Rajesh Shringarpure as Seleucus I Nicator, the first Emperor of the Seleucid Empire and Alexander the Great's former general
- Shiraz Hussain as Alexander the Great
- Bhupinder Singh as King Porus
- Yashashri Masurkar as Mrignayani
- Ankit Kakkar as Aryeman
- Khan Jaan as Dadhich
- Raj Premi as Ahirya
- Vineet Raina as Senapati of Shishunaga Dynasty, friend and trainer of Mahapadma Nanda
- "Imagine TVs serial Chandragupta Maurya will be revived by Sony Entertainment Television, Rajat Tokas is likely to play the lead. - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Chandragupta Maurya comes to small screen". Zee News. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Chandragupta Maurya on Sony TV? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Ashish Sharma believes it`s difficult to enter film industry". Zee News. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Playing Chandragupta is a demanding job: Ashish Sharma". Zee News. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- What are the real names and faces behind "Chandragupta Maurya", the famous TV show on Imagine ?
- "Prime Time Act - Indian Express". archive.indianexpress.com. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Acting's my first love: Manish Wadhwa - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Chanakya unleashes the power of 'Saam, Daam, Dand, Bhed' on the enemy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Rohit Purohit To Quit 'Chandragupta Maurya'?". Movie Talkies. Retrieved 3 September 2019.