|How I Met Your Mother episode|
|Episode no.||Season 6|
|Directed by||Pamela Fryman|
|Original air date||May 16, 2011|
With the Arcadian, Barney and Ted argue who is going to press the button to blow up the building. Ted mentions that he ran into Zoey after breaking up and she asked to get coffee, which Robin and Barney say is a signal that she wants to get back together.
The episode flashes-forward to September 2011. Marshall is feeling down, so Lily decides to get them both some of their favorite soup from a filthy rundown restaurant, but Lily gets ill and begins throwing up presumably from terrible food poisoning. Desperate to stop Marshall from eating any, she runs from the school to their house, where she stops him before he takes a spoonful of his third bowl. Marshall has a business meeting with a prospective employer and has figured out the time when he'll begin vomiting. After disgusting images and stories, Marshall runs out of the room to vomit. He comes home and lies down to get some rest before his "countdown" finishes. He wakes up the following morning to find out that he was not ill and Lily is pregnant.
Ted is distraught about the lighting for the new building and decides that this warrants getting back together with a recent ex-girlfriend, Zoey. He decides to meet her and buys an orchid like he first did, but Barney and Robin stop him. While on their way to stop Ted, they have a tender moment, but decide they need to move on. Barney lets Ted press the button to blow up the Arcadian, and Barney meets Nora again, and asks her to coffee, which Nora accepts. Robin becomes upset as she sees that Barney wants to get back together with Nora. The episode flashes-forward to the wedding first seen in "Big Days", where Ted and Marshall are sitting outside the church, and Ted is then called in by Lily. Ted goes inside to check on the groom, who is Barney.
Andy Gowan, How I Met Your Mother music supervisor talking about "Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp"
According to show co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, a majority of this Season 6 finale takes place in September instead of May "so we can pick up Season 7 exactly where we left off". Said Thomas, "This is the first time in the history of our show we're doing a finale that is not set in May. We jump ahead to September, basically to the beginning of next season."
- "'How I Met Your Mother' Music Supervisor Reveals Show's Top 10 Music Moments". Archived from the original on June 22, 2014.
- "How I Met Your Mother's Carter Bays and Craig Thomas on Last Night's Finale and Their 15-Year Partnership". New York Magazine. 2011-05-16. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "How I Met Your Mother's Craig Thomas: Don't Miss the Last Two Minutes of the Finale". TV Guide. 2011-05-15. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Bowman, Donna. ""Challenge Accepted" · How I Met Your Mother · TV Review How I Met Your Mother: "Challenge Accepted" · TV Club · The A.V. Club". Avclub.com. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "How I Met Your Mother: "Challenge Accepted" Review". IGN. May 17, 2011. Retrieved May 31, 2014.