Château de Puymartin
The castle was built during the 13th century. It was taken by the English in 1357. The consuls of Sarlat bought the domaine back from the English but then abandoned the castle.
Radulphe de Saint-Clar re-purchased it in 1450 and enlarged it.
During the 18th century, Jean de Saint-Clar contended with his sister Suzanne for possession of the castle. Suzanne won and kept Puymartin. The castle was finally abandoned during the 18th century.
During the 19th century, the marquis of Carbonnier de Marzac restored the castle in a neo-gothic style.
Château de Puymartin is listed as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture.
- Ministry of Culture: Château de Puymartin (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Château de Puymartin.|
- Château de Puymartin - official site (in French)
- Ministry of Culture listing for Château de Puymartin (in French)
- Ministry of Culture photos