Cesare Canevari (13 October 1927 - 25 October 2012) was an Italian actor, director and screenwriter.
|Born||13 October 1927|
|Died||25 October 2012 85) (aged|
Life and career
Born in Milan, Canevari began his career shortly after World War II as a stage actor, occasionally also appearing in films in minor roles. Variously referred to as "a genius ahead of his time", "a master of genre cinema" and "one of the less labelable directors of Italian genre cinema", he directed nine films between 1964 and 1983. Often characterized by an unusual style, his films ranged through different genres, including noir, Nazisploitation, Spaghetti Western, giallo and melodrama. His films generally were produced and shot in Milan.
- Un tango dalla Russia (1965)
- Agente Segreto 070: Thunderbay Missione Grasshopper (1966)
- A Man for Emmanuelle (1969)
- Matalo! (1970)
- Last Orgy of the Third Reich (1977)
- Roberto Poppi. I registi: dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2002. ISBN 8884401712.
- "Addio a Cesare Canevari Fu regista di "Matalo!"". Corriere della Sera. 27 October 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Omaggio a Cesare Canevari, un regista poco italiano". Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia. 11 December 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- Eugenio Ercolani (6 June 2014). "MATALO! - Il cinema nordico di Cesare Canevari". Orizzonti di gloria. Retrieved 24 May 2015.