Barbetti in Dagli Appennini alle Ande (1943)
|Born||September 29, 1930|
|Died||September 13, 2006 75) (aged|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, dubbing director|
Barbetti was born in Palermo in Sicily in 1930. His parents were both actors. He started off his career as a child actor in 1934 making an uncredited appearance in The Three-Cornered Hat. After his career as a child actor ended, Barbetti became a very successful voice actor and dubber. He was the official Italian voice of Robert Redford.
Other actors Barbetti was known for dubbing also included Robert Duvall, Warren Beatty, Steve McQueen, Kevin Kline, Steve Martin, Rutger Hauer and Dick Van Dyke. He was recognized for voicing Ken Hutch in the Italian version of Starsky & Hutch. Despite being well known as a voice actor, he still did continue his career as a film and television actor.
In July 2006, Barbetti was involved in a car crash. This then resulted in him suffering a severe brain injury and he died two months later just 16 days short of his 76th birthday. His final film role was serving as the Italian voice of Doc Hudson in the Pixar film Cars.
- The Three-Cornered Hat (1935)
- Eternal Melodies (1940)
- The Betrothed (1941)
- I Live as I Please (1942)
- The Countess of Castiglione (1942)
- Dagli Appennini alle Ande (1943)
- The White Angel (1943)
- The Legend of Faust (1949)
- The Great Waiver (1951)
- Messalina (1951)
- The Assassination of Matteotti (1973)
- Malamore (1982)
- A School Outing (1983)
- Zeder (1983)
- Bank Clerks (1985)
- Ultimo minuto (1987)
- D'Annunzio (1987)
- Everybody's Fine (1990)
- Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby
- Sundance Kid in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Roy Loomis in War Hunt
- Wade Lewis in Inside Daisy Clover
- Major Julian Cook in A Bridge Too Far
- Henry Brubaker in Brubaker
- Jack Weil in Havana
- Warren Justice in Up Close and Personal
- Dick Tracy in Dick Tracy
- Tom Hagen in The Godfather
- Tom Hagen in The Godfather Part II
- Norman Shrike in Let's Get Harry
- Captain in Thank You for Smoking
- Fidel in Somebody Up There Likes Me
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy in The Getaway
- Eric "The Kid" Stoner in The Cincinnati Kid
- Ken Hutch in Starsky & Hutch
- Farnsworth "Dex" Dexter in Dynasty
- Walter Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Sir Leigh Teabing in The Da Vinci Code
- Caractacus Potts in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Raoul in Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- John Hammond in Jurassic Park
- John Hammond in The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Otto in A Fish Called Wanda
- Swan in Phantom of the Paradise
- Henry Hill in Goodfellas
- Art Silver in For the Boys
- Steven Kovacs' Father in The Cable Guy
- James T. Kirk in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- James T. Kirk in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- James T. Kirk in Star Trek Generations
- Paul "Bear" Briant in Forrest Gump
- William Vaughn in Michael Hayes
- Zeke Kelso in That Darn Cat!
- Jake Rogers in The Chase
- Nick Starkey in The January Man
- Old James Ryan in Saving Private Ryan
- Buck Weston in Kicking & Screaming
- Edgar Hopper in What a Way to Go!
- Kamahl in The Wiggles
- "Cesare Barbetti's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- Lentz, H.M. (2007). Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2006: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture. Lentz's Performing Arts Obituaries. McFarland, Incorporated Publishers. p. 20. ISBN 978-0-7864-2933-2. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
BARBETTI,. CESARE. Italian character actor Cesare Barbetti died in Lucca, Italy, on September 13, 2006. He was 75. Barbetti was born in Palermo, Sicily, Cesare Barbetti Italy, on September 29, 1930. He began his career as ...
- "Morta la voce italiana di Robert Redford". Antoniogenna.net. 13 September 2006. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- Callisto Cosulich. I film di Alberto Lattuada. Gremese Editore, 1985.