Le Centre d’Art is an art center, school and gallery located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. It was founded in 1944 by American watercolorist DeWitt Peters and several prominent Haitians from intellectual and cultural circles.
Le Centre d’Art was destroyed in the 2010 earthquake and many artworks from its collection was damaged. The Smithsonian Institution as well as several other local and international organisations has since collaborated with recovery and conservation efforts.
- "Haitian Art before and after 1944 and Dewitt Peters". faculty.webster.edu. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "History and archives – Le Centre d'Art d'Haïti". Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- Billock, Jennifer. "Explore Port-au-Prince's Triumphant Art Scene". Smithsonian. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "See How Smithsonian Collaborated with the Haitian Government and International Organizations in 2010 Recovery Efforts | Smithsonian Global". global.si.edu. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- "In Haiti, the Art of Resilience". Smithsonian. Retrieved 2019-12-12.