Central Prince, Prince Edward Island
Central Prince is a rural municipality within Prince County in Prince Edward Island that was incorporated on September 28, 2018 through an amalgamation of two municipalities. The municipalities that amalgamated were the rural municipalities of Ellerslie-Bideford and Lady Slipper.
|2016 Census of Population|
|Lady Slipper||Rural municipality||1983||764||805||−5.1%||112.4||6.8/km2|
|Total former municipalities||–||–||1,112||1,162||−4.3%||133.2||8.3/km2|
The Rural Municipality of Central Prince is governed by an interim council comprising an interim mayor (Rod Millar) and six interim councillors. The first election for a mayor and six councillors is scheduled for November 5, 2018.
- "EC2018–585: Municipal Government Act Rural Municipality of Lady Slipper and Rural Municipality of Ellerslie-Bideford Restructuring" (PDF). Government of Prince Edward Island Executive Council. September 25, 2018. pp. 321–323. Retrieved October 27, 2018.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Prince Edward Island)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- "Prince Edward Island Municipal Boundaries" (PDF). Prince Edward Island Communities, Land and Environment. December 23, 2017. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Existing Municipalities and New Municipalities – Municipal Government Act". Government of Prince Edward Island. January 6, 2017. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Municipal Affairs and Provincial Planning". Department of Finance, Energy and Municipal Affairs. Archived from the original on December 8, 2015. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- "Prince Edward Island Municipal Boundaries" (PDF). Prince Edward Island Communities, Land and Environment. January 2016. Retrieved December 29, 2016.