Central Illinois Collegiate League
The CICL was a collegiate wooden bat summer baseball league. It was composed of five teams from Illinois and Indiana.The CICL was founded in 1963 as a charter member of National Collegiate Athletic Association certified summer baseball. Although the NCAA dropped Summer baseball program in 2005, The CICL is one of ten summer collegiate baseball leagues affiliated with the National Association of Summer Collegiate Baseball (NASCB), which now takes over the duties of the NCAA and follows all NCAA requirements. The league was also is one of four summer college baseball leagues supported by Major League Baseball.
|No. of teams||5 in final season|
|Official website||CICL official site|
The Springfield Sliders ran away with the CICL's final Championship Title. The Sliders won the First Half, Regular Season and Playoff Championship. The 2008 season was the inaugural season for the Sliders and the final season of the CICL.
On November 11, 2008, the CICL announced it was merging with the Prospect League.
All-Time CICL Teams List
- Bloomington Bobcats (1963–79)
- Bluff City Bombers (Alton, Illinois) (1998–2004)
- Champaign County Colts (1990–96)
- Champaign-Urbana Colts (1963–64)
- Charleston-Mattoon (1972–79)
- Danville Dans (1980–81, 1989-08)
- Decatur Blues (1986–2003)
- Dubois County Bombers (Huntingburg, Indiana) (2005–08)
- DuPage Dragons (2005–08)
- East Peoria Scrappers (2005)
- Fairview Heights Mets (1987–94)
- Galesburg Pioneers (1963–82, 2004–06)
- Jacksonville Bullets (1986)
- Lincoln Railsplitters (1963–68, 1988–90)
- Macomb Macs (1969–74)
- Metro Miners (Edwardsville, Illinois) (1985)
- Peoria Pacers (1963–84)
- Quincy Gems (1997–2008)
- Quincy Rivermen (1974–88)
- Springfield Capitals (1963–77)
- Springfield Rifles (1983–2006)
- Springfield Sliders (2008)
- Twin City Stars (Normal, Illinois) (1982–2006)
The Hannibal Cavemen were set to join the CICL for the 2009 season, but joined the Prospect League along with the rest of the CICL roster.
This is a list of some players that played in the Central Illinois Collegiate League: