Central Fighter Establishment
The Central Fighter Establishment was a Royal Air Force formation that dealt with the development of fighter aircraft tactics. It also tested new fighter aircraft and equipment. It also dealt with the training of squadron and flight commanders. It was formed on 1 October 1944 as part of No. 12 Group RAF, and was disbanded on 1 February 1966.
|1945||Air Commodore Richard Atcherley|
|1948–1950||Air Commodore David Atcherley|
|1950–1953||Air Commodore W J Crisham|
|1953–1954||Air Commodore Geoffrey D Stephenson|
|1954–1957||Air Commodore John Grandy|
|1957–1958||Air Commodore E L Colbeck-Welch|
|1958–1962||Air Commodore Hughie Edwards|
|1962–1964||Air Commodore Geoffrey Millington|
|1964–1966||Air Commodore E W Tacon|
- "ESTABLISHMENTS AND INSTITUTES". Flight magazine. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Other Establishments – Experimental and Administrative". Air of Authority – A History of RAF Organisation. 3 April 2010. Archived from the original on 1 February 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2010.