Central Bucks High School South
Central Bucks High School South, also known as CB South, is a public high school serving students in tenth through twelfth grades, one of three high schools in the Central Bucks School District. The school is located in Warrington, Pennsylvania in Bucks County.
|Central Bucks High School South|
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||"Leading The Way"|
|School district||Central Bucks School District|
|Principal||Jason H. Bucher|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.3:1|
|Color(s)||Black and Blue|
|Athletics||PIAA AAAA - Suburban One League|
|Athletics conference||Suburban One Continental|
|Rivals||CB East, CB West, North Penn, Souderton, & Pennridge|
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,798 students and 106.32 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 16.91:1. There were 108 students (6.0% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 45 (2.5% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Completed in late 2004, the school opened in January 2005, so the first graduating class attended classes in the school only during the spring semester of that year. CB South is the most recent high school in the Central Bucks School District, following Central Bucks High School East and Central Bucks High School West. The high school hosts grades 10–12 and is built for just under 2,000 students. Its two feeder schools are Unami Middle School and Tamanend Middle School.
CB South is located on Folly Road. The school cost approximately $84 million to build and is the largest school in the Central Bucks School District.
CB South is ranked among the best high schools in Pennsylvania. CB South students consistently place in the top 10% of the state in test scoring. The 11th grade PSSA test scores for CB South Students were above the state average by far, with 88% of students placing in the proficient range or better. The majority of students (87.7%) are Caucasian, with 6.6% Asian, 2.2% African American, and 2.6% Hispanic. The school recently received a grant from the state which they used to place SmartBoards with projectors, new laptops and new supplies for every classroom. They spend about $9,500 on every student.
CB South competes in the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association, in the Suburban One Conference. The School offers 22 sports both boys and girls, with strengths in football, field hockey, boys/girls indoor and outdoor track, boys/girls basketball, girls soccer, softball, wrestling, and ice hockey. In Central Bucks South's inaugural year of 2004, it received its first state championship, in men's swimming. The school perennially competes at the state level in field hockey, softball, and boys and girls track. The football and soccer programs have also been highly competitive, with both consistently reaching the playoffs. In 2012, the Central Bucks South softball team was the first team sport to bring a PIAA AAAA State Championship back to Warrington. The Central Bucks South Ice Hockey team won the AA State Championship in 2014 and 2016.
- 3-D Modeling Club
- Anonymous Aid Association (AAA)
- Athletes Helping Athletes (AHA)
- Beyond Words Book Club
- Birthday Card Club
- CB South Marching Titans (CBSMT)
- Chemistry Club
- Chess Club
- Coding Club
- Digital Art and Animation Club
- Dungeons and Dragons Club
- Environmental Club
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
- French Honor Society
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Girls’ International Club
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Interact Club
- Jazz Band - South's Jazz Band is an auditioned group that meets as a class. They perform at local jazz festivals several times a year and host the Southside Jazz Festival
- Key Club
- LINK- Link is a group of passionate and dynamic students and faculty members dedicated to making CB South a positive, energetic, and happy community. LINK helps train servant leaders and helps "LINK" together all members of the South community.
- LiveStrong Club
- Math Club
- Metotep Literary & Art Magazine
- Mock Trial Team
- Mural Committee
- NASA Club
- National Art Honor Society
- National History Day
- National Honor Society
- National Science Honor Society
- Operation Eternal Gratitude
- Pendemonium - A club for creative writing and making better writers
- People for Pets
- Power of Positive Students (POPS)
- Reading Olympics
- Restaurant Remix
- Robotics Club
- Science Olympiad Team
- Ski Club
- Spanish Honor Society
- Speech & Debate Club
- Symphonic Band
- Thirst Project Club
- Titan Choir
- Titan Orchestra
- Titan Thespians - The school's drama club which puts on two shows every year, typically a play in the fall and a musical in the spring. Recent productions have been Into the Woods (2019), The Great Gatsby (2018), Aida (2018), Almost Maine (2017), Catch Me If You Can (2017), and A Christmas Carol (2016)
- Titan Tribune
- Titans Connect
- Weightlifting Club
- World Affairs Club
- Young Democrats Club
- Young Republicans Club
In 2015, CB South gained national attention when the students selected two of their classmates with Down syndrome as Homecoming King and Queen.
- School data for Central Bucks Hs-South, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- "Central Bucks HS-South". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "All Three Central Bucks High Schools Ranked By U.S. News".
- "Central Bucks West, East, South Land Among Top 30 Best Public High Schools In PA".
- "Pennsylvania students, both with Down syndrome, voted homecoming queen and king". Today Show. October 20, 2015.
- "Hundreds jump to their feet for newly crowned Central Bucks South Homecoming King & Queen". ABC News. October 19, 2015.
- "Central Bucks South's Josh Adams felt the charm of the Irish". philly.com. February 5, 2015. Archived from the original on February 18, 2017. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- "NFL Draft 2018: Eagles sign Josh Adams". nj.com. April 28, 2018.