CentralNic Group PLC is a British multinational internet services holding company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its subsidiaries provide domain name registry and registrar services, in addition to associated products and services, including web hosting, brand management, and domain parking.
Companies within the group
Country code top-level domains
New top-level domains
CentralNic registers SLDs under these [new] generic top-level domain (gTLDs):
- .ae.org, for United Arab Emirates
- .ar.com, Argentina
- .br.com, Brazil
- .cn.com, China
- .com.de, Germany
- .de.com, Germany
- .eu.com, European Union
- .gb.com, Great Britain
- .gb.net, Great Britain
- .gr.com, Greece
- .hu.com, Hungary
- .jpn.com, Japan
- .jp.net, Japan
- .kr.com, Korea
- .no.com, Norway
- .qc.com, Quebec
- .ru.com, Russia
- .sa.com, Saudi Arabia
- .se.com, Sweden
- .se.net, Sweden
- .uk.com, United Kingdom
- .uk.net, United Kingdom
- .us.com: United States
- .us.org: United States
- .uy.com, Uruguay
- .za.com, South Africa
None of these domains is an official SLD. Therefore, this part of CentralNic's operation is a private sub-domain registry.
These subdomains have been relatively popular and sold across a wide range of domain registrars globally, including GoDaddy, Alibaba, Network Solutions, eNom, Webfusion, GMO Internet, Inc., Gandi, Key Systems, Directi, InternetX, and many others.
In 2015, CentralNic acquired Instra Corp and quickly integrated this retail and corporate domain name registrar into its portfolio.
In 2018, CentralNic acquired the ccTLD for Slovakia (.sk) in a €26m deal.
In November 2019, CentralNic acquired Team Internet from Matomy Media for $48m.
- "Company Information - CentralNic Group plc (CNIC)". Hargreaves Lansdown. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "CentralNic". Peldon Rose. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Registry - CentralNic". Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Retail - CentralNic". Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Corporate - CentralNic". Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Complete TLD List : Domain Names : CentralNic". CentralNic website. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Accredited Registrars : Support: CentralNic". centralnic.com. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- McCarthy, Kieren (2004-06-23). "Vote for who should run the UK's Internet". The Register. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Exhibit 1 Information on Nominet UK". ICANN. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- Titcomb, James (2013-08-12). "UK web domain firm CentralNic eyes London IPO". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "CentralNic acquires assets of DomiNIC GmbH". TheDomains.com. 2014-04-10. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "CentralNic buys domain name registrar Internet.bs (IBS) - Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Website Stuff". Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Website Stuff. 2014-06-16. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- HawkesBayToday, Patrick O'Sullivan Patrick O'Sullivan is Hawke's Bay Today business editor patrick osullivan@nzme co nz (2015-12-14). "Instra snapped up for $35m". NZ Herald. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "BRIEF-Centralnic Group to acquire business and assets of SK-NIC". Reuters. 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "Press Release, 6th September 2018". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Press Release, May 20th 2019". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Press Release, July 1st 2019". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Press Release, August 7 2019". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "CentralNic Acquires Team Internet AG for up to $48 million (USD)". 15 November 2019. Retrieved 16 November 2019..