Celestial Movies (天映频道) and is an Asian 24-hour movie channel. The channel also screens films from and shows interviews with movie stars and directors, entertainment news and film award ceremonies. Available in 11 territories across Asia Pacific, including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and other to HD in Malaysia, Jakarta.
|Launched||3 March 2003|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Nexmedia (Indonesia)||Channel 508|
|Astro Malaysia||Channel 309 (HD)|
Channel 322 (SD)
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 141|
|MNC Vision Indonesia||Channel 20|
|Channel 24 (HD 800/77/99)|
Channel 6 (C01/C02)
|OrangeTV (Indonesia)||Channel 160|
|NJOI Malaysia||Channel 322 (SD) (via NJOI Prepaid)|
|StarHub TV Singapore||Channel 868|
Channel 870 (Celestial Movies On Demand)
|Unifi TV (Malaysia)||Channel 227 (HD) Coming soon|
|Channel 585 (Within On Demand)|
The channel features Chinese movies from regional film studios such as Media Asia Distribution, Emperor Motion Pictures, Filmko Pictures, Golden Harvest Entertainment, CJ Entertainment and Toho.
On weeknights, movies are scheduled by genres: namely Drama Monday, Action Tuesday, Comedy Wednesday, Bromance Thursday and Fantasy Friday. During Saturday and Sunday nights, Celestial Movies showcases blockbusters and first-run movies.
Other programmes include news of movie and film-festival from around the globe, documentaries and shorts. Celestial also produces a number of original behind-the-scenes programmes such as: Celestial Cameos, Director To Director, Celestial Express and Star Talk.
Celestial Classic Movies
|Celestial Classic Movies|
|Launched||14 April 2008|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|MNC Vision Indonesia||Channel 22|
|Astro Malaysia||Channel 321|
|NJOI Malaysia||Channel 321|
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 233|
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 140|
|Channel 71 (C01/C02)|
|StarHub TV Singapore||Channel 869|
Channel 871 (Celestial Classic Movies On Demand)
|SkyCable Philippines||Channel 97 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable Philippines||Channel 97 (Digital)|
|Cablelink Philippines||Channel 201 (Digital)|
|Singtel TV Singapore||Channel 580 (With InCelestial Classic Movies on Demand)|
|TOT iptv (Thailand)||Channel 262|
Celestial Classic Movies (CCM) is a 24-hour pay-TV movie channel screening Chinese classic movies from the Shaw Brothers library and other film libraries. All Shaw Brothers movies are digitally restored to bring viewers sound and picture quality matching the original cinematic prints.
Celestial Movies Pinoy (Philippines)
|Celestial Movies Pinoy|
|Launched||November 16, 2015|
January 1, 2016
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Cignal Philippines||Channel 40 (SD)|
Celestial Tiger Entertainment has teamed with Viva Communications to create Celestial Movies Pinoy, a localized Philippines version of CTE’s Chinese film channel Celestial Movies. The channel was launched on January 1, 2016 on the basic tier of DTH satellite provider Cignal TV. Movies and on-air presentations are dubbed in a mixture of Tagalog and English.
Their programming is a mix of Chinese-language movies and TV series, behind-the-scenes specials, interviews with Chinese talent and thematic programming centered around superstars or popular genres.
- Screendaily.com (2007), "Celestial Movies launches on Indonesia's TELKOMVision", retrieved on June 30, 2009
- Television Asia (2008), "Celestial Movies Asia and Celestial Classic Movies channels debut on now TV", retrieved on June 30, 2009, HighBeam
- Television Asia (20030, "Celestial Movies launched at the most auspicious time: 3pm on the 3rd day of the 3rd month of the 3rd year of the millennium. Clearly Asia's newest channel is taking as few chances as possible", retrieved on June 30, 2009, http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-22891271_ITM
- Television Asia Plus Website, "Channel Description", retrieved on June 30, 2009, https://web.archive.org/web/20090804224022/http://www.onscreenasia.com/annualguide/Channels/detail-10-CELESTIAL%20MOVIES
- Variety.com (2015), "CTE, Viva To Launch Filipino Version of Celestial Movies Channel", retrieved on November 16, 2015