Cave Rescue Organisation
Although it is staffed by volunteers and funded by donations, it is integrated into the emergency services and will be called out if the police are notified that there has been a caving incident. CRO often doubles as local mountain rescue and frequently rescues livestock which have become stuck in caves or on crags. In 1986 team member Dave Anderson was drowned in Rowten Pot whilst attending an incident.
CRO publishes an annual incident report.
- Eyre, Jim; Frankland, John (1988). Race Against Time: a History of the Cave Rescue Organisation. Lyon Equipment. ISBN 978-0950687445.
- "Cave Rescue Organisation". cro.org.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Slow North Yorkshire: Moors, Dales and Coast, Including ..." books.google.com.np. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Cave Rescue". bluedome.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Cave group rescued from Ingleton flood cave". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- Boothroyd, Colin (May–June 1986). "Rescuer dies in Rowten Pot search". Descent (86): 12.
- "Distinguished Service Awards". Mountain Rescue England and Wales. Retrieved 7 February 2016.