Royle in 2011
Carol Buchanan Royle
10 February 1954 (age 65)
Born in Blackpool the daughter of actor Derek Royle, Carol Royle studied drama at the Central School of Speech and Drama. She is known for her role as Jenny Russell in the BBC sitcom Life Without George which ran for three series from 1987 to 1989, as well as her role in ITV1's 1960s based drama Heartbeat, in which she played Patricia Brewster. In 1989 she appeared in the prominent role of Jessica in Blackeyes written by Dennis Potter. Other television shows Royle has appeared in are, Blake's 7, The Professionals, Bergerac, Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense, Cribb, Crossroads, The Outsider, Casualty, The Cedar Tree, Ladies in Charge, Crime Traveller, The Bill, Doctors, and Father Brown. Her film career includes roles in The Greek Tycoon (1978), Tuxedo Warrior (1982) and Endeavour (series 6, episodes 3 and 4, 2019).
She married Julian Spear, son of actor Bernard Spear, in 1977. They have two children, Taran and Talitha.
- "Carol Royle". British Film Institute. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Debrett's, Carol Buchanan (Mrs Julian Spear) Royle".
- "Carol Royle Website". Archived from the original on 12 May 2016.
- "Life Without George". 12 March 1987. p. 63 – via BBC Genome.
- "Heartbeat - S7 - Episode 9: Sons and Lovers". Radio Times.
- "BFI Screenonline: Blackeyes (1989)". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "Carol Royle". www.aveleyman.com.
- "Carol Royle Website, Carol's Biography". Archived from the original on 20 December 2016.