Carnival Conquest is a Conquest-class cruise ship owned and operated by American/British company Carnival Cruise Line. Sixty percent of her staterooms have ocean views, and sixty percent of those (37% of all cabins) have balconies. The ship's interior decor is of a French Impressionist style designed to complement the port city of New Orleans. Carnival Conquest was renovated in 2009.
Carnival Conquest at Grand Cayman on 5 January 2006.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Ordered:||4 August 1998|
|Builder:||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Cost:||US $500 million|
|Laid down:||30 June 1999|
|Launched:||1 February 2002|
|Sponsored by:||Lindy Claiborne Boggs|
|Christened:||19 November 2002|
|Completed:||25 October 2002|
|Maiden voyage:||12 November 2002|
|In service:||1 December 2002|
|Class and type:||Conquest-class cruise ship|
|Length:||953 ft (290.5 m)|
|Beam:||116 ft (35.4 m)|
|Height:||208 ft (63.4 m)|
|Draft:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||63,400 kW|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two propellers|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
The Godmother of Carnival Conquest is Lindy Boggs, former US Congresswoman for Louisiana.
On 7 July 2013, the ship was diverted to Mobile, Alabama after a tugboat sank in New Orleans, causing a closure to the Mississippi River. Carnival then changed the next 7 day cruise roundtrip New Orleans into a 6-day cruise from Mobile to New Orleans. Passengers disembarking were provided charter buses to New Orleans.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Corporation Contracts for Two 102,000-ton Vessels for Carnival Cruise Line Unit" (Press release). Archived from the original on 8 January 2000.
- "Lindy Boggs to christen Carnival ship". South Florida Business Journal. 10 October 2002. Retrieved 24 July 2008.
- "Carnival Conquest, other ships might call Coast new home: Sagging power lines in New Orleans a contributing factor for move". Access my Library. Mississippi Business Journal. 23 December 2002. Retrieved 24 July 2008.
- "Carnival Conquest Fact Sheet". carnival-news.com. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Carnival Conquest (600398)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard.
- "Carnival Conquest (IMO: 9198355)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 24 July 2008.
- "Carnival Conquest - Destination Oceans". Destination Oceans. Archived from the original on 6 January 2009. Retrieved 24 July 2008.
- "Circle 'C' Club, Seaside Theatre, New Balconies Added to Carnival Conquest During Extensive Renovation". Carnival Cruise Line. 6 February 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- "Title unknown". Archived from the original on 4 January 2012.