Carlos Calvo (footballer, born 1985)
Calvo (left) in action for Xerez in 2009
|Full name||Carlos Calvo Sobrado|
|Date of birth||18 September 1985|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2010–2011||→ Granada (loan)||37||(3)|
|2011–2012||→ Hércules (loan)||42||(8)|
|2017||→ Badalona (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 February 2019|
Calvo was born in Madrid. After playing well into his 20s with modest sides – Elche CF Ilicitano, Real Valladolid B, Villajoyosa CF and CD Alcoyano – he had his first taste of professional football in the 2007–08 season, with second division's Xerez CD. On 13 June 2009, he became an integral part of the Andalusians' history as he scored the 2–1 winner against SD Huesca which certified the club's first-ever promotion to La Liga.
On 31 January 2010, as Xerez ranked last in the league, Calvo netted twice to help his team come from behind against RCD Mallorca at home, in just the second win in 20 games. After the team's relegation he moved to Serie A side Udinese Calcio, for three years; on 13 July, however, he was transferred to Granada CF of the second level.
Calvo started in 15 of the league matches he appeared in his only season and scored three times, as the club achieved a second consecutive promotion. Still owned by the Italians, he spent the following campaign also in division two, with Hércules CF.
On 25 August 2015, Calvo returned to Spain after agreeing to a one-year deal with SD Huesca, newly promoted to the second tier. After representing in quick succession Cádiz CF, CF Badalona and Recreativo de Huelva, he signed with Indian Super League club Jamshedpur FC on 10 August 2018.
- El Xerez hace historia con su primer ascenso a Primera (Xerez make history with their first promotion to Primera); Marca, 13 June 2009 (in Spanish)
- Xerez stun Mallorca to record much-needed win; ESPN Soccernet, 31 January 2010
- Carlos Calvo y Matías Alonso, nuevos fichajes del Granada Club de Fútbol (Carlos Calvo and Matías Alonso, new Granada Club de Fútbol signings); Granada CF, 13 July 2010 (in Spanish) Archived 20 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "El Hércules cierra la incorporación de Carlos Calvo" [Hércules complete Carlos Calvo addition] (in Spanish). Marca. 19 August 2011. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "El Almería cierra el fichaje de Carlos Calvo" [Almería complete signing of Carlos Calvo] (in Spanish). Teleprensa. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Carlos Calvo, nuevo jugador azulgrana" [Carlos Calvo, new azulgrana player] (in Spanish). SD Huesca. 25 August 2015. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "Carlos Calvo, décima incorporación albiazul" [Carlos Calvo, tenth white-and-blue addition] (in Spanish). Recreativo Huelva. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Jamshedpur Football Club sign Carlos Calvo, Pablo Morgado and Sergio Cidoncha". Jamshedpur FC. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.