Carl Lindner III
Carl Henry Lindner III is an American businessman. He has served as the co-chief executive officer of American Financial Group since January 2005. He has also acted as chief executive officer and majority owner of FC Cincinnati since the club's founding in 2015. He is the son of Carl Lindner Jr. and a prominent member of the Lindner family.
Carl Lindner III
Carl Henry Lindner III
1953 (age 65–66)
|Residence||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|Education||University of Cincinnati|
In 1975, Lindner began working at American Financial Group, which his father had bought two years prior. He has served as chairman of Great American Insurance Company since 1987. He became a director and co-president of American Financial in 1996 and additionally was elected as the co-chief executive officer along with his brother S. Craig Lindner in January 2005.
In 1989, Carl and Martha Lindner were involved as founders and major benefactors in Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, a private university-preparatory school in Cincinnati.
In 2015, Lindner was involved in co-founding soccer club FC Cincinnati, and is the chief executive officer and majority owner. Speaking about the success and high attendance the club received in its inaugural season, general manager Jeff Berding said, "What has happened is directly attributable to having Carl and the Lindner family as our majority owners. It's the foundation of everything."
In 2016, the University of Cincinnati bestowed an honorary doctorate to Lindner.
In his State of the City speech in October 2016, Cincinnati mayor John Cranley named Jeff Berding and Carl Lindner III as the shared holders of the Cincinnatian of the Year award for their work managing FC Cincinnati.
- Richardson, Rachel (April 28, 2016). "UC to Bestow Highest Honor to Carl H. Lindner III". University of Cincinnati. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "Carl H. Lindner Jr. Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Patten, Mike (December 2012). "A Calculated Risk-Taker Finds Peace". Leader's Edge. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Watkins, Steve (May 17, 2016). "MLS, Lindner give takes on FC Cincinnati's huge attendance numbers". Cincinnati Business Courier. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Williams, Justin (September 2016). "And Carl Lindner III Said, "Let There Be Soccer"". Cincinnati. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "2016 State of the City Address". City of Cincinnati. October 4, 2016. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carl Lindner III.|