Cargobeamer is an intermodal transport system. It involves specially designed pallets which can be carried on a road trailer; the pallets are fitted on top of flatcars but can slide sideways to allow trucks to drive on & off smoothly at intermodal terminals. The first terminal was opened in Leipzig in Germany; trial runs between Leipzig and Lithuania are planned in November 2010. Competing systems are offered by Modalohr, ResoR@il (defunct? ), and Cargospeed
- "Rail Freight Revolution: A Possible Solution to Europe's Clogged Roadways - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International". Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- "Can CargoBeamer open new horizons?". 2010-09-28. Archived from the original on 2010-09-13. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- "www.X-Rail.net". Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "System comparison: Concepts for combined cargo". June 2011.
- "Railway Gazette: Modalohr piggyback wagons approved for Channel Tunnel". Railway Gazette International. 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "Weighing up the results of EU-funded rail research". 2011-04-20. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06. Retrieved 2011-07-06.