Capgemini SE is a French multinational corporation that provides consulting, technology, professional, and outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Paris, France. Capgemini has over 200,000 employees in over 40 countries, of whom nearly 100,000 are in India.
Capgemini headquarter at Place de l'Étoile, Tilsitt.
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Founded||1 October 1967|
(Chairman & CEO)
|Revenue||€13.2 billion (2018)|
|€1.25 billion (2018)|
|€730 million (2018)|
|Total assets||€16.5 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
|225,000 (November 2019)|
|Subsidiaries||Sogeti, IGATE, LiquidHub, Altran|
Capgemini was founded by Serge Kampf in 1967 as an enterprise management and data processing company. The company was inaugurated as the Société pour la Gestion de l'Entreprise et le Traitement de l'Information (Sogeti).
In 1974 Sogeti acquired Gemini Computers Systems, a US company based in New York. In 1975, having made two major acquisitions of CAP (Center d'Analyze et de Programmation) and Gemini Computer Systems, and following resolution of a dispute with the similarly-named CAP UK over the international use of the name 'CAP', Sogeti renamed itself as CAP Gemini Sogeti.
Cap Gemini Sogeti launched US operations in 1981, following the acquisition of Milwaukee-based DASD Corporation, specializing in data conversion and employing 500 people in 20 branches throughout the US. Following this acquisition, The U.S. Operation was known as Cap Gemini DASD.
Ernst & Young Consulting was acquired by Cap Gemini in 2000. It simultaneously integrated Gemini Consulting to form Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
The Capgemini Group Executive Committee consists of 25 members. Paul Hermelin serves as the Group Chairman and CEO. He joined Capgemini in 1993 and was appointed as its CEO in 2002. In May 2012, Hermelin became chairman and CEO of the Capgemini Group. He succeeded Serge Kampf, who served as the Vice Chairman of the Board until his death on March 15, 2016. The Capgemini Group has two Chief Operating Officers - Thierry Delaporte and Aiman Ezzat.
- "Cap Gemini SA, CAP:PAR financials Q4 2018" (PDF). Capgemini.
- "Capgemini: revenue growth of 6.7% in Q1 2019". Capgemini.
- "Cap Gemini (School of Computer Science - The University of Manchester)". Cs.manchester.ac.uk. 6 July 2010. Archived from the original on 7 September 2009. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Company capgemini". capgemini. 28 October 2019.Template:Date=Oct 2019
- "Introduction to Capgemini | Capgemini Worldwide". Capgemini.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Company Profile welcom". Capgemini.com. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Capgemini India chief says 65% of IT employees not retrainable - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 19 February 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Historic Overview | Our History | Capgemini Worldwide". Capgemini.com. 1 January 2015. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Free Trademark Search | Protect Business Name | Incorporate Your Business". Trademarkia. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "International Business Capgemini to Acquire Ernst Young Consulting Business". Nytimes.com. 1 March 2000. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Cap Gemini S.A. becomes Capgemini SE". Thompson Reuters. 2 June 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "defence.professionals". defpro.com. Archived from the original on 10 June 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "EIU.com". EIU.com. 1 January 2002. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Paul Hermelin Biography – Capgemini Worldwide". Capgemini.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Corporate Governance". In.capgemini.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Capgemini Executive Committee". Capgemini Worldwide. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 17 July 2019.