Capernaum Church, Copenhagen
The Capernaum Church (Danish: Kapernaumskirken ) is a Church of Denmark parish church located at Frederikssundsvej 45 in the North-West district of Copenhagen, Denmark. Inaugurated in 1895, it is the oldest surviving church built by the Copenhagen Church Foundation.
|Location||Frederikssundsvej 45 |
2400 København NV, Copenhagen
|Denomination||Church of Denmark|
|Archdiocese||Diocese of Copenhagen|
The church was built at the initiative of the Copenhagen Church Foundation (Danish: Kirkefondet). It was built in 1894-05 to design by Valdemar Koch.
The church is built from red brick and has a saddle roof topped by a ridge turret. The facade to Frederikssundsvej has round-arched windows, a Lombard band and a relief of an angel above the main entrance.