Cape Town French School
|Cape Town French School / François Le Vaillant French School|
École française du Cap "François Le Vaillant"
Lycée: 101, Hope Street - Gardens 8001 Cape Town South Africa
Primary: Corner Tramway and Kings road - Sea Point 8005 Cape Town South Africa
|Coordinates||33.92342°S 18.3817679°E |
Kings Road, Sea Point
101, Hope Street, Gardens
|Number of students||500|
|Medium of language||French, English|
It has two campuses, the primary school, within the former primary school building of Tafelberg Remedial School in Sea Point, and the Lycée Français du Cap, which includes senior high school, in Gardens.
The school was initiated in 1985 by a group of French citizens resident in Cape Town so as to provide a French Curriculum to their children, it was established in 1987 after securing a location. The Sea Point campus opened in 2014 after it received an 18 million South African rand renovation.
It directly teaches until seconde (first year of lycée), then uses CNED for première (second year of lycée).
- "Ecole française du Cap "François Le Vaillant"." Consulate of France in Cape Town. Retrieved on 22 January 2015.
- McCain, Nicole. "SEA POINT WELCOMING THE FRENCH." People's Post. 13 February 2014. Retrieved on 22 January 2015.
- "CONTACT." Cape Town French School. Retrieved on 22 January 2015. "Lycée Français du Cap 101, Hope Street - Gardens 8001 Cape Town South Africa" and "Ecole Française du Cap Corner Tramway and Kings road - Sea Point 8005 Cape Town South Africa"
- "Our History – Lycée Français du Cap". Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "French School opens New Campus in Sea Point" (Archive). Orange South Africa. Retrieved on 22 January 2015.