Cameron Bernard Porter (born May 23, 1993) is a retired American soccer player.
|Full name||Cameron Bernard Porter|
|Date of birth||May 23, 1993|
|Place of birth||Centerville, Ohio, United States|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Cincinnati United Premier Gold|
|2016||→ FC Montreal (loan)||4||(0)|
|2016–2017||Sporting Kansas City||3||(0)|
|2016||→ Swope Park Rangers (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 24, 2017|
Porter spent four years playing college soccer at Princeton University between 2011 and 2014. During his time at Princeton, Porter was named 2013 First-Team All-Ivy League, 2013 Academic All-Ivy and 2014 ECAC Offensive Player of the Year. While at Princeton, Porter majored in Computer Science and was a member of the Ivy Club.
On January 15, 2015, Porter was drafted in the third round (45th overall) of the 2015 MLS SuperDraft by Montreal Impact. He signed a contract with the club on February 7, 2015. Porter made his professional debut on February 24, 2015 as an 81st-minute substitute during a 2-2 draw against Pachuca in the CONCACAF Champions League. He scored his first professional goal on March 3, 2015, in stoppage time (90+4) from a long Calum Mallace pass, at home (in the Olympic Stadium) in the second leg against Pachuca; with this strike, he tied the game and made the Impact win the series on away goals, giving the team its first CONCACAF Champions League semi-final berth. Later that night on post match press conference Porter described his goal as "a dream come true".
On March 21, 2015, in a game against the New England Revolution, Porter suffered an injury in the first half and was taken out of the game. He underwent surgery on his left knee to repair an ACL tear. He missed the entire 2015 season.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-24. Retrieved 2015-03-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-25. Retrieved 2015-02-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "L'attaquant Cameron Porter sous contrat avec l'Impact". 7 February 2015.
- "Pachuca vs. Montreal Impact - MatchCenter Timeline". MLSsoccer.com MatchCenter.
- "Réactions vidéos des joueurs à la qualification historique de l'Impact de Montréal". 4 March 2015.
- "Champions League". CONCACAF. Archived from the original on 2015-03-07. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "Champions League: Montreal Impact rookie Cameron Porter parlays hard-earned chance into historic goal". 3 March 2015.
- "Cameron Porter devra être opéré au genou". 24 March 2015.
- "Sporting Kansas City acquires 23-year-old forward Cameron Porter from the Montreal Impact". 12 July 2016.