Guthrie in 2019
|Date of birth||19 August 1992|
Calder U18 (TAC Cup)
23rd overall, 2010 |
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Guthrie was drafted with the 23rd selection in the 2010 AFL Draft after playing for the Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup. He was allocated the No. 29 jumper, previously worn by Gary Ablett, Jr., who had left Geelong to become the new Gold Coast Football Club's inaugural captain.
He made his AFL debut in the opening round of the 2011 AFL season in Geelong's thrilling one-point win over St Kilda.
He went on to play 1 more game in the 2011 home and away season, Missing out on the 2011 finals series. He afterwards played 18 of the 23 home and away season games with the Geelong Cats Securing his position as a regular for the years to come. He is the brother of Ben Guthrie, a journalist with afl.com.au.
After the 2016 rookie draft, Guthrie was joined by his youngest brother Zach Guthrie at Geelong.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Gullan, Scott (23 November 2010). "No. 29 just a jumper to Cameron Guthrie". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Quayle, Emma (27 March 2011). "Young Cats back in the Hunt". The Age. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Cameron Guthrie statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Cameron Guthrie of the Geelong Cats Career AFL Stats". footywire.com. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- Cameron Guthrie's profile on the official website of the Geelong Football Club
- Cameron Guthrie's playing statistics from AFL Tables