Callum Wilkie (born 10 March 1996) is an Australian rules footballer playing for St Kilda in the Australian Football League (AFL). A defender, he played in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) and was overlooked at four national drafts before St Kilda selected him with pick 3 in the 2019 rookie draft. Wilkie debuted in the opening round of the 2019 season.
|Date of birth||10 March 1996|
|Original team(s)||North Adelaide (SANFL)|
|Draft||No. 3, 2019 rookie draft|
Round 1, 2019, St Kilda|
vs. Gold Coast, at Marvel Stadium
|Height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|Current club||St Kilda|
|2019–||St Kilda||22 (0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Wilkie played junior football for Walkerville before joining North Adelaide when he was 13. He represented South Australia at the 2014 AFL Under 18 Championships and attended the state draft combine, but missed out on selection in the draft. Continuing at North Adelaide, Wilkie came second in their 2017 senior best and fairest. In 2018, he played in North Adelaide's SANFL premiership – their first for 27 years. Wilkie won the club's best and fairest, and attended his second state draft combine. AFL.com.au named him among the best mature-age players ahead of the 2018 AFL draft, noting his marking ability and improved fitness.
Wilkie was selected by St Kilda with pick 3 in the 2019 rookie draft. He previously worked full-time as an accountant, but quit immediately when he was drafted. James Gallagher, St Kilda's list manager, cited the club's need for a back-up defender if Dylan Roberton's heart problems, which had cut short his 2018 season, continued. Roberton's heart issue reoccurred in the 2019 JLT Community Series, ruling him out for another year, and allowing Wilkie to take on Roberton's defensive role. After debuting in the opening round of the 2019 season and showing strong form in the next three matches, Wilkie signed a contract extension with St Kilda to the end of 2021.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Gabelich, Josh (19 April 2019). "St Kilda rookie Callum Wilkie has gone from life as an accountant to life in the AFL in the past six months". Fox Sports Australia. News Corp Australia. Archived from the original on 4 August 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- Turner, Matt (12 October 2018). "North Adelaide's Callum Wilkie is missing Roosters' footy trip to Bali to test at the state draft combine". Messenger. News Corp Australia. Archived from the original on 4 August 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- Guthrie, Ben (11 November 2018). "Who will be the next Tim Kelly? The best mature-age prospects". AFL.com.au. Telstra Media. Archived from the original on 15 July 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- Gabelich, Josh (18 April 2019). "Exclusive: St Kilda mature-age rookie Callum Wilkie signs two-year deal four games after being plucked out of SANFL". Fox Sports Australia. News Corp Australia. Archived from the original on 4 August 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Zak Jones stats". AFL Tables. Retrieved 19 October 2019.