Calcutta Cricket and Football Club
The Calcutta Cricket & Football Club (CC&FC) is a sports club based in Kolkata, India. It was founded in 1792 as a cricket institution, adding the football and rugby sections when it merged to Calcutta F.C. in 1965.
|Full name||Calcutta Cricket & Football Club|
During its first years of existence, the Calcutta Cricket Club played its home games near river Hooghly but it was not until 1841 when the institution got land to establish its venue. Later it was merged with the Calcutta Football Club (where both footballs, rugby and association were practised) and the Ballygunge Cricket Club over the years to become the "Calcutta Cricket and Football Club" in 1965.
A large number of notable athletes are associated with the club, including:
- Football: Chuni Goswami, Subhas Bhowmick, S. Bhattacharjee, Pradip Choudhury, P. Ganguly, Santo Mitra, Shyam Thapa.
- Hockey: Keshav Chandra Datt, Gurbux Singh, Dr. Vece Paes, Anand Mandapaka.
- Cricket: Punya B. Datta, Ashok Gandotra Devang Gandhi, Sourav Ganguly, Saba Karim, Arun Lal, Pranab Roy, Biswajit Bhowmick.
- Tennis: Chiradip Mukerjea, Enrico Piperno, Leander Paes.
- Calcutta Football League (8): 1899, 1907, 1916, 1918, 1920, 1922, 1923, 1925
- The date refers to the original Calcutta Cricket Club established in 1792, before merging to the Calcutta F.C. in 1965 to form the current club
- History of the club on CC&FC website
- Timeline of Bangladesh Cricket on Bangladesh Cricket site (Archive, 11 Jun 2010)
- Some dates in Indian cricket history, Wisden 1967 on ESPN Crickinfo
- List of champions of the Calcutta Football League 1898–2007
- Punya Datta on ESPN Crickinfo
- Dilip Doshi profile
- Ashok Gandotra profile
- Devang Gandhi profile
- Arun Lal profile
- Pranab Roy profile