Calculated Risk (film)
Calculated Risk is a 1963 British crime thriller film directed by Norman Harrison. Ex-con Kip plans to rob a bank by tunnelling through from neighbouring houses.
British quad poster
|Directed by||Norman Harrison|
|Produced by||William McLeod|
|Screenplay by||Edwin Richfield|
|Music by||George Martin|
|Edited by||John Trumper|
|Distributed by||Bryanston Films (UK)|
- William Lucas as Steve
- John Rutland as Kip
- Dilys Watling as Julie
- Shay Gorman as Dodo
- Terence Cooper as Nodge
- David Brierly as Ron
- Warren Mitchell as Simmie
- Vincent Charles as Mr Salting
- Harry Landis as Charlie
- John G. Heller as Police Inspector
- Peter Welch as Police Sergeant
- Brian Cobby as Police Constable
TV Guide concluded "British crime melodrama has little going for it"; Radio Times praised Warren Mitchell's cameo, but called the film a "tatty little drama"; whereas Mystery File wrote "The script is tight, the vivid black-and-white photography perfect for the tale that’s told, and even though none of the actors are known in this country – and maybe not even in England – they all fit their characters well, and what more could you want?"
- Petrie, Duncan James (2017). "Bryanston Films : An Experiment in Cooperative Independent Production and Distribution" (PDF). Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television: 7. ISSN 1465-3451.
- "Calculated Risk". British Film Institute. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Calculated Risk – review | cast and crew, movie star rating and where to watch film on TV and online". Radio Times.
- "Calculated Risk | TV Guide". TVGuide.com.
- "» Movie Review: CALCULATED RISK (1963)".