Cal State Monterey Bay Otters
The California State University, Monterey Bay Otters participate in the NCAA's Division II as part of the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). The Otters field fourteen sports teams for men and women during the fall, winter, and spring seasons. Fall sports for men include cross country and soccer. Fall sports for women include cross country, soccer, and volleyball. The winter sport for men is basketball. The winter sport for women is basketball. Spring sports for men include baseball and golf. Spring sports for women include golf, softball, and water polo (which participates in the WWPA). CSUMB also has a coed sailing team which competes in the fall and spring (although the spring season is more important). The sailing team competes in the PCCSC.
|Cal State Monterey Bay Otters|
|University||California State University, Monterey Bay|
|Conference||California Collegiate Athletic Association|
|Athletic director||Kirby Garry|
|Basketball arena||The Kelp Bed|
|Mascot||Monte Rey Otter|
|Colors||Blue and Gold|
The Otter Sports Center is the home to the Otters Men's and Women's Basketball and Women's Volleyball teams. The gymnasium inside the Otter Sports Center is affectionately known as The Kelp Bed, in reference the floating home of the sea otter.
|Men's sports||Women's sports|
|Track and field†|
|† – Track and field includes both indoor and outdoor|
The CSUMB Otters began intercollegiate competition in 1996, with all sports competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) as part of the California Pacific Conference. In 2003, the Otters made the transition to the NCAA Division II ranks, joining the CCAA as a provisional member in 2004. After two years of probationary status, the Otters became full-fledged members of the NCAA and the CCAA in 2005. In their first five years of competition the Otters earned four conference titles and one national championship in Men's Golf (2011).
- "Official Colors | Cal State Monterey Bay". Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- Archived March 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "The Official Site of California State University Monterey Bay Otters Athletics". Otterathletics.com. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "California Pacific Conference - About the Cal Pac". Calpacathletics.com. 1995-05-24. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- Cal State-Monterey Bay Athletics (2011-05-20). "Cal State-Monterey Bay captures title". NCAA.com. Archived from the original on 2016-02-01. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "NCAA Championships Statistics". National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Championships Summary" (PDF). National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 20 May 2018.