|Final issue||November 2015 (print)|
|Based in||Framingham, Massachusetts|
CIO is part of Boston-based International Data Group's enterprise publications business.
Founded 1987 in Framingham, Massachusetts as a monthly magazine at a time when the CIO title was relatively new and relatively unknown in corporate America, today CIO is also noted for its CIO-100 annual awards, for those "that have distinguished themselves through the effective and innovative use" of information technology.
- The CIO title was defined in 1981. William H. Gruber. "Strategic information".
- "NASA Chief Technology Officer for IT Honored by CIO Magazine". June 8, 2010.
- Johnson, Maryfran (2015-10-29). "Our farewell issue of CIO magazine". CIO. Retrieved 2016-11-30.
- Josh Fruhlinger (March 24, 2010). "10 Ways Microsoft Tried and Failed to Rule Mobile". CIO.
- "CIO Magazine Brief: Extreme Protection that Eliminates Data Loss".
Learn how a new approach to Oracle database backup and recovery eliminates backup overhead and lets you recover mission-critical databases to any point in time
- "Biggest Delays to Digital Transformation".