The CESAER is a non-profit association of leading universities of science and technology in Europe. CESAER was founded on May 10, 1990, seated in the Castle of Arenberg in Leuven, Belgium. The association unites over 50 leading universities of science and technology in 25 countries.
- to learn from one another: share information and best practice in the areas of higher education, research, innovation and university governance;
- to influence key bodies: aid policy-makers and funders to shape European strategies, policies and funding programmes;
- to boost participation in (European) funding programmes;
- to promote members strengths globally: support Members in displaying their excellence and distinctiveness at European level and beyond;
- to advance debate on key issues: promote reflection and understanding of the role of science and technology in open knowledge societies.