CAF Super Cup
The CAF Super Cup (also known as African Super Cup or for sponsorship reasons Total CAF Super Cup) is an annual African association football competition contested between the winners of the Total CAF Champions League and the Total CAF Confederation Cup. The competition was first held in 1993 and is organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF). It is the continental equivalent of the UEFA Super Cup in European and Recopa Sudamericana in South American club football.
|Number of teams||2|
|Most successful club(s)|
The competition was previously contested between the winners of the Total CAF Champions League (called African Cup of Champions Clubs from 1964 to 1996) and African Cup Winners' Cup until 2004 when the Cup Winners' Cup was discontinued. The last Super Cup in this format was the 2004 CAF Super Cup between Enyimba and Étoile du Sahel which Enyimba won 1–0. In 2004 the CAF Cup Winners' Cup was merged with CAF Cup into the newly established CAF Confederation Cup which acts as Africa's second-tier international club competition, (analogous to the UEFA Europa League in European football) and since 2005 the competition is contested in its current format.
In July 2016, Total has secured an eight-year sponsorship package from the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to support 10 of its principal competitions. Total started with the Africa Cup of Nations that was held in Gabon therefore renaming it Total Africa cup of Nations. Due to this sponsorship, starting from 2017 the tournament is called the "Total CAF Super Cup".
|Title Sponsor||Official Sponsors|
Records and statistics
|Club||Winners||Runners-up||Years won||Years runner-up|
|6||2||2002, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014||1994, 2015|
|3||2||2010, 2011, 2016||2017, 2018|
|3||1||1994, 1997, 2003||2001|
|2||3||1998, 2008||2004, 2007, 2016|
|1||3||1995||1999, 2012, 2019|
|0||3||2008, 2009, 2014|
- "Al Ahly chase another record". FIFA.com. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "Total to sponsor CAF competitions for the next eight years". Africa News. Africa News. 21 July 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "TOTAL, TITLE SPONSOR OF THE AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS AND PARTNER OF AFRICAN FOOTBALL", CAF, 21 July 2016
- "ORANGE SIGNS NEW EIGHT-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH CAF", CAF, 16 December 2016
- "QNET ANNOUNCES SPONSORSHIP OF TOTAL CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, TOTAL CAF CONFEDERATION CUP, TOTAL CAF SUPER CUP", CAF, 24 February 2018
- "1XBET - OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF THE CONFÉDÉRATION AFRICAINE DE FOOTBALL (CAF) TOURNAMENTS", CAF, 6 February 2019
- "Prize money for CAF competitions effective 2017". cafonline.com.
- "Prize money for CAF Super Cup". Radiomars.ma.