Côte-Vertu station is a Montreal Metro station in the borough of Saint-Laurent in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is operated by the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) and serves the Orange Line. It opened on November 3, 1986 and has been the western terminus of the Orange Line since that date, having taken over from Du Collège station.
|Location||1515 boulevard de la Côte-Vertu, Montreal|
|Operated by||Société de transport de Montréal|
|Depth||17.7 metres (58 feet 1 inch), 20th deepest|
|Architect||Jodoin, Lamarre, Pratte, & Co|
Cayouette & Saia
|Opened||3 November 1986|
|Passengers||7,781,610 entrances in 2013, 6th of 68|
The station was designed by the architectural firms of Jodoin, Lamarre, Pratte, & Co and Cayouette & Saia. It contains two artworks: a set of two mural sculptures by Yves Trudeau in the transept, entitled Relief, négatif positif, and a mural by Éric Lamontagne in the new bus terminus, entitled L'Homo urbanus.
It was originally intended as a temporary terminus, to be followed by a two to three station extension to a point somewhat beyond the current Bois-Franc commuter train station; however, this never took place. Because this station was intended to be a temporary terminus, the passenger accesses are much too small. During rush hour it can take several minutes for the platform to clear while trains arrive only 2 minutes apart.
As this station is the terminus for several bus routes, including three Société de transport de Laval (STL) buses, a new bus terminal around the northern entrance was completed in 2005. Three new bus shelters at the southern entrance on Edouard-Laurin Boulevard, serving the metropolitan routes, were finished at about the same time. One of these three has since been eliminated.
The station is equipped with the MétroVision information screens which displays news, commercials, and the time till the next train. In November 2010, Côte-Vertu became the 8th station to be wheelchair accessible as elevators were added.
The station has 3 entrances:
Origin of name
This station is named for the Boulevard de la Côte-Vertu. The area through which the street runs has been known as Notre-Dame-de-Vertu, Notre-Dame-de-la-Vertu, or Notre-Dame-des-Vertus (Our Lady of Virtue) since at least 1700.
Connecting bus routes
For connecting bus routes see Terminus Côte-Vertu.