is a Croatian daily business newspaper and website based in Zagreb. The newspaper is published in compact format and was originally launched as a business weekly in late 2005, before becoming a daily newspaper in March 2008.[1]
TypeDaily business newspaper
Owner(s)Mims Group
(since April 2009) d.o.o.
Editor-in-chiefŽeljko Šojer
HeadquartersSlavonska avenija 2/9,
Zagreb, Croatia

Like their only Croatian competitor Poslovni dnevnik, the paper also runs the website, which re-published feature articles from the print edition, along with short current news items and a full overview of daily stock market indices from the Zagreb Stock Exchange and other stock exchanges from the region.

The paper was founded by the Swedish Bonnier Group, a media group present in 21 countries, which also owns the Slovenian business daily Finance. In February 2009 the Bonnier group announced that they would shut down the newspaper following a sharp drop in advertising revenue, after the company had reportedly invested some 10 million euros in between 2006 and 2009.[2]

In April 2009 the paper was sold to Mims Group, a Bosnian group which also owns the Sarajevo-based dailies Oslobođenje and San. Mims Group bought a 65 percent share while the remaining 35 percent was acquired by a company called Mreža Znanja from Zagreb.[3]

See also

  • Poslovni dnevnik (the only other business daily published in Croatia, established in March 2004)
  • Privredni vjesnik (the oldest business publication in Croatia, established in 1953 and published weekly)


  1. "Gasi se poslovni dnevnik" (in Croatian). 24 February 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
  2. "Gasi se". (in Croatian). 24 February 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
  3. "PR zavrzlama: Zapetljana mreža novih vlasnika" [PR mess: Entangled web of new owners] (in Croatian). Nacional (weekly). 28 April 2009. Archived from the original on 23 July 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.