The Canadian Coast Guard uses multi-use vessels (most being icebreakers) with tasks including buoy tending.
Types of CG buoy tenders
United States Coast Guard
- 240' USCGC Mackinaw (WLBB-30)
- 225' USCG Seagoing Buoy Tender (WLB)
- 175' USCG coastal buoy tender (WLM)
- 100' USCG inland buoy tender (WLI)
- 100' USCG inland construction tender (WLIC)
- 75' River Buoy Tender (WLR)
- 75' Inland Construction Tender (WLIC)
- 65' River Buoy Tender (WLR)
- 65' Inland Buoy Tender (WLI)
- 49' Buoy Utility Stern Loading Boat (BUSL)
- Other miscellaneous Aids to Navigation Boats
Canadian Coast Guard
- "Aids to Navigation – Mapping the Waters | GoCoastGuard.com". www.gocoastguard.com. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- "Icebreaker Fleet". Canadian Coast Guard. May 6, 2019.