The Bumerang-BM (Russian: Бумеранг-БМ) or DUBM-30 Epoch is a remotely controlled turret for the T-15 Armata heavy IFV, Kurganets-25 and Bumerang platforms. It was first seen in public in 2015 during rehearsals for the Moscow Victory Day Parade, mounted on those three platforms.
|Bumerang-BM or DUBM-30 Epoch|
The turret mounted on a Kurganets-25 IFV
|Type||Remote weapon station|
|Place of origin||Russia|
|Used by||Russian Armed Forces|
|Designer||KBP Instrument Design Bureau|
|Crew||0 (remotely controlled)|
|2A42 30 mm auto cannon with 500 rounds (AP/HE)|
|7.62 mm coaxial PKT|
The turret is designed by the KBP Instrument Design Bureau.
The main armament is the 2A42 30 mm auto cannon with 500 rounds consisting of 160 AP and 340 HE shells with effective firing ranges of 4,000 m (2.5 mi) and 1,500 m respectively, along with a coaxial 7.62 mm PKT machine gun with 2,000 rounds.
The turret has a pair of Kornet-EM anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs) on either side, enabling it to salvo fire two missiles at once, either at separate targets or to "double tap" the same one to overwhelm active protection systems.
- "Боевой модуль "Бумеранг-БМ"" [Fighting Module "Bumerang-BM"]. topwar.ru (in Russian). 22 January 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- de Larrinaga, Nicholas (22 April 2015). "New Russian heavy armour breaks cover". IHS Jane's Defence Weekly. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "T-15 (Object 149) heavy infantry combat vehicle". globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "New Russian Armor; First analysis: Armata". defense-update.com. 9 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- T-15 Armata HIFV to increase combat capabilities of Russian Land Forces - Armyrecognition.com, 10 August 2016
- Russia Hopes Its New Super Combat Vehicle Will Rule the Battlefield - Nationalinterest.org, 30 July 2016
- "Kurganets-25 BMP Kurganets AIFV armoured infantry fighting vehicle technical data sheet pictures video". armyrecognition.com. Archived from the original on 3 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bumerang-BM.|