Buildbase is a builders’ merchants in the United Kingdom, and is approaching two hundred branches nationwide. Buildbase branches are long established companies, which have been serving local trades people for many years. Buildbase is part of Grafton Group plc, and is a member of the Builders Merchants Federation (BMF)
Number of employees
|Parent||Grafton Group plc|
Buildbase sells to the building trade and the general public, with products including general building materials, timber, landscaping materials, drainage products, insulation and plasterboard, kitchens and bathrooms, plumbing and heating, roofing products, doors, windows and stairs and painting and decorating materials.
Within Buildbase operates a specialist tool, plant, and equipment hire business called Hirebase, and an electrical and lighting wholesaler called Electricbase.
The company was the main sponsor of Oxford United F.C. for nine seasons, culminating in the club's promotion back into the Football League, and as of 2015, had sponsored speedway team Coventry Bees for a number of seasons. Other sponsorship's include the Buildbase BMW Motorrad team in the British Superbike Championship, formerly the Kawasaki team, and TT rider Michael Dunlop.
On 15 June 2015, Tividale Football & Social Club announced that Buildbase would become their principle sponsor until the summer of 2017. Tividale play their football in the EVO-STIK Northern Premier League, Division One South, and finished 8th in the campaign for 2014 to 2015.
On 16 August 2016, the Football Association announced that Buildbase are the official title sponsor of The Buildbase FA Trophy and The Buildbase FA Vase for the season of 2016 to 2017. This sponsorship was extended until 2019. The finals of the Buildbase FA Vase and Buildbase FA Trophy competitions are held at Wembley Stadium.
- "Buildbase backs the U's". Oxford United. 11 April 2008. Archived from the original on 4 October 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- "Buildbase Coventry Bees". Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Coventry Bees agree new deal with Buildbase". Coventry Telegraph. 17 January 2009. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- "Buildbase BMW - The Team". Buildbase BMW. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Cup winner Laverty joins Hawk". Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "TT Star Michael Dunlop in factory BMW Deal for 2014". Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Buildbase named FA Vase & Trophy sponsor". Buildbase Blog. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Buildbase.co.uk — official website