Bryan Edgar Wallace
Bryan Edgar Wallace (1904–1971) was a British writer. The son of the writer Edgar Wallace, Bryan was also a writer of crime and mystery novels which were very similar in style to those of his father. During the 1930s, he worked as a screenwriter in the British film industry. During the 1960s and early 1970s, several of his works were made into German films during a boom in adaptations of his father's novels. He died in 1971 at age 67.
Bryan Edgar Wallace
|Born||28 April 1904|
He was named after the American politician William Jennings Bryan who has father encountered during a trip to North America.
- The Squeaker (1930)
- The Flying Squad (1932)
- White Face, the Fiend (1932)
- My Old Dutch (1934)
- The Clairvoyant (1935)
- Strangers on a Honeymoon (1936)
- Murder on Diamond Row (1937)
- Inspector Hornleigh (1939)
- The Mysterious Mr. Reeder (1939)
- Secret of the Black Trunk (1961) made in Germany, based on Wallace's book Death Packs a Suitcase
- The Strangler of Blackmoor Castle (1963) made in Germany
- The Mad Executioners (1963) made in Germany
- Scotland Yard Hunts Dr. Mabuse (1963) made in Germany
- The Phantom of Soho (1964) made in Germany
- The Monster of London City (1964) made in Germany
- The Racetrack Murders (1964) aka The Seventh Victim, made in Germany
- Death Avenger of Soho (1971) Spanish film directed by Jesus Franco, based on Wallace's book Death Packs a Suitcase
- The Dead Are Alive (1972) made in Italy, directed by Armando Crispino
(*Note - Bryan Edgar Wallace also reputedly contributed to the screenplay for Dario Argento's Cat O'Nine Tails (1971) but was uncredited.)
- Bergfelder p.152
- "Authors : Wallace, Bryan Edgar : SFE : Science Fiction Encyclopedia". www.sf-encyclopedia.com. Retrieved Oct 19, 2019.
- Clark p. 87
- Bergfelder, Tim. International Adventures: German Popular Cinema and European Co-Productions in the 1960s. Berghahn Books, 2005.
- Clark, Neil. Stranger than Fiction: The Life of Edgar Wallace, the Man Who Created King Kong. Stroud, UK: The History Press, 2015.