Browning Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 37°59′25″N 88°58′58″W|
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.48 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.79 sq mi (92.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.69 sq mi (1.8 km2) 1.89%|
|Elevation||381 ft (116 m)|
|• Density||68.5/sq mi (26.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62812, 62819, 62822, 62865, 62884, 62891
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.48 square miles (94.5 km2), of which 35.79 square miles (92.7 km2) (or 98.11%) is land and 0.69 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 1.89%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Hickory Corners
The township contains eleven cemeteries. These are: Browning, Grammer, Harrison, Hickory Corners, Knight, Moser, Mount Pleasant, Saint Joseph, Saint Marys, Smith and Wayman.
Airports and landing strips
- Benton Municipal Airport
- Benton City Park
- Christopher Community Unit School District 99
- Sesser-Valier Community Unit School District 196
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Browning Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.