British Vietnamese International School Hanoi
The British Vietnamese International School Hanoi (BVIS Hanoi) is a bilingual international school in Hanoi, Vietnam, offering a British-style education in both English and Vietnamese languages for ages 2 to 18 (UK Pre-Nursery to Year 13). BVIS Hanoi is located in the Vincom Royal City, Thanh Xuan District and was opened in August 2013. The majority of BVIS Hanoi students are Vietnamese, with some Korean, Chinese and Viet Kieu.
|British Vietnamese International School Hanoi|
|Type||Private dual-language international school|
|Motto||Luôn khát khao|
|Principal||Mark Jonathan Sayer|
BVIS is part of the BIS Group of Schools in Vietnam, which started with the founding of the pre-school Tiny Tots in Ho Chi Minh in 1997. In 2000, the original Tiny Tots was expanded to accommodate additional primary classrooms, and became the British International School, Ho Chi Minh City.
In 2011, the first dual-language school of the BIS Group, which is named British Vietnamese International School (BVIS) was established in the Binh Chanh district of Ho Chi Minh City. In August 2013, British Vietnamese International School Hanoi (BVIS Hanoi) was opened in the Vincom Royal City, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi.
In March 2015, BIS Group of Schools, Vietnam became a part of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools (NAE), growing NAE's global network to 56 schools across 27 countries.
The curriculum at BVIS is a blend of the English National Curriculum and the Vietnamese National Curriculum determined by the Ministry of Education and Training Vietnam (MOET). Vietnamese Language, Literature, History, Geography and Mathematics are taught alongside aspects of the National Curriculum for England.
The school delivers the full British Curriculum covering Early Years Foundation Stage from the English National Curriculum, the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for Primary students and the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (A Levels) programmes for more senior students.
BVIS Hanoi facilities consist of three main buildings, one for each of Early Years Foundation Stage, Primary and Secondary, two libraries, two auditoria, two sports halls, an indoor 25m long swimming pool and grass playing fields. The school has specialist suites for Science, Music, ICT, Art and Drama.
- "Curriculum Overview – BVIS Hanoi". BVIS Hanoi. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- VCCorp.vn. "Trường Quốc tế BVIS ở thành phố Hoàng Gia (Royal City), Hà Nội" [British Vietnamese International School (BVIS) in Royal city, Hanoi]. dantri.com.vn (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "History of the School – BIS Ho Chi Minh City". BIS Ho Chi Minh City. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "International School in Vietnam: BVIS Group of Schools – BVIS Hanoi". BVIS Hanoi. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- Inc., Nord Anglia Education,. "The British International Schools Group, Vietnam To Join Nord Anglia Education". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-03-29.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- VnExpress. "Chương trình giảng dạy độc đáo tại trường BVIS - VnExpress" [Unique curriculum at BVIS]. Tin nhanh VnExpress (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- VnExpress. "Cơ sở hiện đại của trường quốc tế BVIS Hà Nội - VnExpress" [Modern facilities of the international school BVIS]. Tin nhanh VnExpress (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2016-03-29.