British Vietnamese International School
British Vietnamese International School in Ho Chi Minh City, commonly referred to as BVIS HCMC, is a bilingual international school in Vietnam, and the only bilingual school in Vietnam that is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). The school is also a member of the FOBISIA group of schools, and is part of the Nord Anglia Education Group.
|British Vietnamese International School|
BVIS Ho Chi Minh campus, seen from the soccer field
|Type||Private dual-language international school|
|Established||August 2011 (Ho Chi Minh City) and August 2012 (Hanoi)|
|Grades||F1 - Y13|
BVIS educates children at preschool, primary and secondary level. The school uses the English National Curriculum with modules from the Vietnamese curriculum that are believed to be particularly strong: Vietnamese Literature, History and Geography.
In addition to primary and secondary schools, BVIS enrols students from the age of 2 – 5 as part of its Early Years Foundation Stage, where emphasis is placed on emotional development, aiming to develop students' independence and problem-solving skills, doing so both in Vietnamese and English.
Students from approximately ages 5 – 11 are in years 1 – 6 of BVIS's primary school, which is the equivalent of the Vietnamese national system's "Leaf" year and grades 1 – 5. Students in these year groups are taught a modified version of the English National Curriculum, altered to be more suitable to learning in Vietnam and learning in a dual-language situation.
Literacy, Maths, and Science are treated as the core subjects, and as such are given the largest class time, with a variety of subjects taught in either Vietnamese or English.
Students aged 11 – 18 are part of BVIS's secondary school. The secondary school teaches most subjects in English, but Vietnamese literacy is also given a high priority.
- International A Levels
- International AS Levels
- International GCSEs
Student Academic Achievement
BVIS HCMC is a purpose-built school. It has an "early years" soft play area, a swimming pool, a library with 56,400 books, a modern lecture theatre, a number of dance, music and drama studios, an auditorium, a sports hall and a grass playing field, amongst other facilities. All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and data projectors.
- "Cô giáo Việt thám hiểm Nam Cực" [Vietnamese teacher Antarctic expedition] (in Vietnamese). VN Express. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "The British International Schools Group, Vietnam To Join Nord Anglia Education". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Chương trình giảng dạy độc đáo tại trường BVIS" [Unique curriculum in schools BVIS] (in Vietnamese). VN Express. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Trường quốc tế Anh Việt BVIS - Nam Sài Gòn" [BVIS British International School Vietnam - Saigon South] (in Vietnamese). Kênh Sinh Viên. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Early Years (2-4)". Nord Anglia Education. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "BVIS Ho Chi Minh Primary". British Vietnamese International School. Archived from the original on 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "BVIS Ho Chi Minh Secondary". British Vietnamese International School. Archived from the original on 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "BVIS Prospectus" (PDF). Nord Anglia Education. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Ngày hội Thông tin Trường Quốc tế BVIS" [Information Day International School BVIS] (in Vietnamese). Dân Trí. Retrieved 2017-03-03.