British Racing and Sports Car Club
The British Racing and Sports Car Club (BRSCC) is one of the major organisers of motorsport events in the United Kingdom. The club currently runs around forty track racing championships for cars as diverse as Porsche, Caterham, BMW and Mazda. Formed in Bristol in August 1946 as the 500 Club, the organisation changed its name to the BRSCC in 1954 and now has its headquarters in Borough Green, Kent.
|British Racing and Sports Car Club|
|Year of formation||1946|
|Former names||500 Club |
|Telephone number||01732 780100|
|Competition Director||Dominic Ostrowski|
The 500 Club, as it was then known, was founded in 1946. The club promoted racing in 500 c.c. single-seater racing cars, later known as Formula Three. Motor Sport reported in 1947: "The 500 Club's Patron is Earl Howe, its President S.C.H. Davis, and its Vice-Presidents Messrs. Findon, Mays and Pomeroy-which speaks for itself. A stall will be occupied by the Club at the next Shelsley Walsh hill-climb, and its magazine "Iota" will be on sale there." The name was subsequently changed to The Half Litre Club on becoming a limited liability Company.
In 1966 the BRSCC staged the seventh Racing Car Show, 19–29 January, at Olympia West Hall, London. By this time the club magazine was called Motor Racing.
2018 BRSCC Championship Roster
- ALACO Motorsport Logistics Caterham Seven 270R Championship
- Avon Tyres Caterham Seven 420R Championship
- Avon Tyres National Formula Ford Championship
- Avon Tyres Northern Formula Ford Championship
- British GT Championship
- BRSCC Alfa Romeo Championship
- BRSCC Fiesta Championship racing with MRF Tyres
- BRSCC Fiesta Junior Championship racing with MRF Tyres
- BRSCC Formula Ford Festival
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Super Series
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 SuperCup
- CarThrottle Caterham Academy Championship
- Cox Motor Parts Civic Cup
- Draper Tools Caterham Roadsport Championship
- Dunlop TVR Challenge
- Ford F4 British Championship
- Fun Cup Championship
- Kerax Hyperdrive ST-XR Challenge
- Milltek Sport Volkswagen Racing Cup
- Nankang Tyres BMW Compact Cup
- Santander Caterham Seven 310R Championship
- Speed Group OSS Championship
- TCR UK Touring Car Championship
- Teekay Couplings Production GTi Championship
- Toyo Tires Porsche Championship
- Racing Car Show 1966, Official Catalogue and Guide, Page 15.
- Motor Sport, May 1947, Page 119.
- Motor Sport, September 1954, Page 495.
- Racing Car Show 1966, Official Catalogue and Guide, Pages 5, 13.