Brimscombe & Thrupp F.C.
Brimscombe and Thrupp Football Club is a football club based in Brimscombe, Gloucestershire, England. Affiliated to the Gloucestershire County FA, they are currently members of the Hellenic League Premier Division and play at the Meadow.
|Full name||Brimscombe & Thrupp Football Club|
|Ground||The Meadow, Brimscombe and Thrupp|
|League||Hellenic League Premier Division|
|2018–19||Hellenic League Premier Division, 2nd of 19|
Brimscombe Football Club was established in 1886. In 1894 they were founder members of the Mid-Gloucestershire League, and played the first match in the league's history on 29 September against Stroud. In 1902 they switched to the new Stroud & District League and were its inaugural champions. They finished as runners-up in 1903–04, 1904–05 and 1905–06 before winning it again in 1906–07 and 1907–08. After twice finishing third, Brimscombe were runners-up again in 1910–11 and 1911–12. They won a fourth league title in 1912–13.
After World War I Brimscombe competed in the North Gloucestershire League, finishing as runners-up in 1919–20. They were founder members of the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League in 1922, and its first champions. They won the league again in 1930–31, having finished second-bottom of the table the previous season. In 1946–47 they finished as runners-up, and were champions the following season. In 1968 the club switched to the Gloucestershire County League, finishing bottom of the table in their first season. After finishing bottom again in 1972–73, the club left the league.
Brimscombe & Thrupp
In the 1970s the club merged with Thrupp to form Brimscombe & Thrupp. They rejoined the Gloucestershire County League in 1985, but left after finishing bottom in 1988–89. The club returned to the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League, and after finishing as Division One runners-up in 2008–09, they moved up to the Gloucestershire County League for a third time. After winning the County League in 2010–11, the club were promoted to Division One West of the Hellenic League. They won the division in 2012–13, earning promotion to the Premier Division. The following season saw them win both the Supplementary and Floodlit Cups. In 2017–18 the club won the Gloucestershire Challenge Trophy, beating Bitton 3–1 in the final.
- Hellenic League
- Division One West champions 2012–13
- Floodlit Cup winners 2013–14
- Supplementary Cup winners 2013–14
- Gloucestershire County League
- Champions 2010–11
- Gloucestershire Northern Senior League
- Champions 1922–23, 1930–31, 1947–48
- Division Two champions 2004–05
- Stroud & District League
- Champions 1902–03, 1906–07, 1907–08, 1912–13
- Stroud Charity Cup
- Winners 2013–14
- Gloucestershire Challenge Trophy
- Winners 2017–18
- Tim Barnard (2014) Something to Shout About: The History of Forest Green Rovers FC, The History Press
- Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 1919-1939 Non-League Matters
- Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 1946-1968 Non-League Matters
- Gloucestershire County League 1968-1982 Non-League Matters
- Brimscombe & Thrupp at the Football Club History Database
- Season 2016-2017 League Handbook Hellenic League
- Jack Smith double secures GFA Trophy glory for Brimscombe & Thrupp Gloucestershire Live, 16 April 2018