Bradley George Thor Jr. (born August 21, 1969) is an American thriller novelist. He is the author of The Lions of Lucerne, The First Commandment, The Last Patriot, and other novels. His latest novel in the Harvath series, Backlash, was released in June 2019. Thor's novels have been published in countries around the world. He also contributed a short story entitled "The Athens Solution" to the James Patterson-edited anthology, Thriller. Thor also makes frequent appearances on Fox News and The Blaze.
Thor signing books in 2013
|Born||Bradley George Thor Jr.|
August 21, 1969
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Residence||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Genre||Spy novel, thriller, faction|
|Notable works||Scot Harvath Series|
The Last Patriot was nominated for "Best Thriller of the Year" by the International Thriller Writers Association. His novel Blowback was voted by National Public Radio listeners as one of the "100 Best Ever" Killer Thrillers.
Thor is a graduate of the Sacred Heart Schools, the Francis W. Parker School (Chicago), and the University of Southern California (cum laude), where he studied creative writing under author T.C. Boyle.
Thor is a regular contributor to the Glenn Beck television program and has appeared on other Fox News Channel shows, as well as on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and PBS to discuss terrorism and parallels between his novels and real threats facing the world today.
In May 2016, he made speculative comments on the Glenn Beck radio show about Donald Trump that appeared to offer conditional support for violence against him if Trump were elected and did something that he felt endangered the country. Thor denied the comments were a call for assassination.
Scot Harvath Series
- The Lions of Lucerne (2002, ISBN 0-7434-3673-3)
- Path of the Assassin (2003, ISBN 0-7434-3675-X)
- State of the Union (2004, ISBN 0-7434-3677-6)
- Blowback (2005, ISBN 0-7432-7115-7)
- Takedown (2006, ISBN 0-7432-7118-1)
- The First Commandment (2007, ISBN 1-4165-4379-1)
- The Last Patriot (2008, ISBN 1-4165-4383-X)
- The Apostle (2009, ISBN 1-4165-8657-1)
- Foreign Influence (2010, ISBN 1-4165-8659-8)
- Full Black (2011, ISBN 1-4165-8661-X)
- Black List (2012, ISBN 1-4391-9298-7)
- Hidden Order (2013, ISBN 1-4767-1709-5)
- Act of War (2014, ISBN 1-4767-1712-5)
- Code of Conduct (2015, ISBN 9781476717159)
- Foreign Agent (2016, ISBN 1-4767-8935-5)
- Use of Force (2017, ISBN 9781476789385)
- Spymaster (2018, ISBN 1-4767-8941-X)
- Backlash (2019, ISBN 9781982104030)
- Near Dark (2020)
The Athena Project Series
- The Athena Project (2010, ISBN 1-4391-9295-2)
- "Brad Thor Author revealed questions and answers (Q&A) | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster". Authors.simonandschuster.com. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- Garner, Dwight (2008-07-20). "TBR - Inside the List". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Thriller Awards. "Thriller Awards - ThrillerFest". Thrillerwriters.org. Archived from the original on 2012-02-21. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Matazzoni, Joe (2010-08-04). "Audience Picks: Top 100 'Killer Thrillers'". NPR. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "'Killer Thrillers': Vote For The 100 Best Ever". NPR. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Thor, Brad. "Brad Thor". MetroSeeker.com. Archived from the original on 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Thrill of Writing in the Trenches - News - USC Dornsife". College.usc.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-02-26. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Beach, William W. "33 Minutes: Protecting America in the New Missile Age". The Heritage Foundation. Archived from the original on 2010-03-02. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck for comments that could be 'construed' as 'advocating harm' against Trump". The Washington Post. June 1, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Perry, Douglas (August 9, 2018). "Outcast Republicans still pining for 2020 challenger as Donald Trump's GOP popularity soars". The Oregonian. Retrieved August 9, 2018.