Brad Pearce (footballer)
|Date of birth||16 August 1971|
|Place of birth||Springvale, Victoria|
|Original team(s)||St Kilda Under-19s|
Round 19, 1993, Brisbane|
vs. West Coast, at The Gabba
|1993||Brisbane Bears||2 (1)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1999.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Pearce played both football and cricket as a junior, and after having focussed on cricket in 1987, he returned to football in 1988 as part of the St Kilda junior system, playing in the Victorian Under-17 Teal Cup team. He played with the St Kilda minor grades from 1988 until 1990, but failed to make the senior grade for the club. In 1991 and 1992, he played in the TFL Statewide League for the South Launceston Football Club, where impressive performances in the forward-line attracted the attention of AFL recruiters. He was drafted by the Brisbane Bears in the 1992 mid-season draft, and played two senior matches for the club in 1993 before being delisted at the end of the year.
Pearce was then recruited by Carlton with its second-round selection in the 1994 pre-season draft. He played only two senior games in his first season, before enjoying a break-out season in 1995, at the age of 24. Playing as a fast-leading forward pocket, Pearce provided Carlton's forward-line with variety and an alternative avenue to goal to long-time full forward Stephen Kernahan, and he played 23 of 25 possible games for the season, kicked 52 goals, and kicked four goals in Carlton's Grand Final victory against Geelong.
Pearce played for Carlton for a further four seasons, playing an average of thirteen games per season interrupted by a range of injuries. He was delisted at the end of the 1999 season, having played 77 games and kicked 151 goals over six seasons for the club. He played the following season with the Burnie Dockers in the TFL Statewide League.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Russell Holmesby (1995), Michael Roberts (ed.), "A new breed of Blues", Blues' 95 Premiers – Official Carlton Premiership Souvenir, Sporting Links Publications, p. 23
- Michael Roberts (1995), "Brad Pearce", Blues' 95 Premiers – Official Carlton Premiership Souvenir, Sporting Links Publications, p. 47
- "Matthew Hogg", Inside Carlton – 1999 Yearbook, Carlton Football Club, p. 34, 1999
- "Lisa's report - March 13, 2000". Australian Football Association of North America. 13 March 2000. Archived from the original on 20 December 2004. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- Brad Pearce's player profile at AFL Tables
- Brad Pearce's playing statistics from AFL Tables