Brändö is an island municipality of Åland, Finland. Characteristics of Brändö are the numerous assembly of islands and islets, most important of which are linked by bridges and causeways. The municipality has a population of 442 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 1,643.21 square kilometres (634.45 square miles) of which 1,540.41 km2 (594.76 sq mi) is water. The population density is 4.09 inhabitants per square kilometre (10.6/sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Swedish and 84.6% of the population are Swedish speakers.
Coat of arms
Location of Brändö in Finland
Location in Åland Islands
|Coordinates: 60°24′42″N 21°2′42″E|
|• Municipal manager||John Wrede|
|• Total||1,643.21 km2 (634.45 sq mi)|
|• Land||108.07 km2 (41.73 sq mi)|
|• Water||1,540.41 km2 (594.76 sq mi)|
|Area rank||296th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||308th largest in Finland|
|• Density||4.09/km2 (10.6/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||84.6% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||17.7%|
|• 15 to 64||64.3%|
|• 65 or older||18%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||17%|
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.