Bouchette is a municipality in the geographic centre of the La Vallée-de-la-Gatineau Regional County Municipality, Quebec, Canada, 75 kilometres (47 mi) north of Gatineau. Its territory is along both shores of the Gatineau River and the western shores of Thirty-One Mile Lake.
Location in western Quebec.
|Coordinates: 46°13′N 75°58′W|
|Constituted||March 22, 1980|
|• Mayor||Réjean Major|
|• Federal riding||Pontiac|
|• Prov. riding||Gatineau|
|• Total||143.30 km2 (55.33 sq mi)|
|• Land||122.48 km2 (47.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||6.4/km2 (17/sq mi)|
|• Pop (2006–11)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
The Bouchette Township was proclaimed in 1858 and the Township Municipality was formed in 1872. It was named in honour of Surveyor General of Lower Canada Joseph Bouchette (1774-1841).
The township of Cameron between the Gatineau River and Thirty-One Mile Lake was proclaimed in 1854 and named in honour of Canadian businessman and politician Malcolm Cameron.
In 1980, the townships of Bouchette and Cameron merged, forming the new Municipality of Bouchette.
- Population in 2011: 786 (2006 to 2011 population change: 9.5%)
- Population in 2006: 718
- Population in 2001: 701
- 2001 to 2006 population change: 2.4%
- Population in 1996: 722
- Population in 1991: 688
Private dwellings (occupied by usual residents): 348
- French as first language: 81%
- English as first language: 19%
- Reference number 94939 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 83050 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- "(Code 2483050) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- "Bouchette" (in French). MRC de La Vallée-de-la-Gatineau. Archived from the original on 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2008-09-04.
- "Bouchette (Municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census