Boro Baptist Church Association
The Boro Baptist Church Association (BBCA) is a registered Baptist denomination in the state of Assam (Northeast India). Established in 1927 by the American Baptist Missionaries and later nurtured by Australian Baptist Missionary Society ABMS (now Global Interaction). It consists of 198 churches and fellowships with a total population 40,000 above and 17,000 plus baptized members. The BBCA has its headquarters in the Tukrajhar Baptist Mission compound in Chirang district of Bodoland, Assam. BBCA is working in partnership with Baptist World Alliance, Global Interaction (Australia), Asian Pacific Baptist Federation, Seva Bharat, Missionaries Upholders Trust, Inspire India (Children Festival) and Tura Baptist Church in Church Plantation and community development ventures to bring transformation in the lives of people, spiritually and economically.
|Boro Baptist Church Association (BBCA)|
|Scripture||"Arise and Build" Nehemiah 2:18|
|General Secretary||Dr. Arjun Basumatary|
|Secretary (Home)||Prasenjit Basumatary|
Youth Committee Women Committee Prayer committeeEvangelical committee
|Associations||World Baptist Alliance|
|Language||Boro, Santhali English|
|Headquarters||Boro Baptist Church Association,
P.O. Tukrajhar, 783394District-Chirang, Assam, India
|Founder||American Baptist Missionaries|
|Hospitals||Crofts Memorial Hospital, Tukrajhar|
|Primary schools||JD Williams English School|
|Other name(s)||Golpara Boro Baptist Church Union|
To present the Gospel of Jesus Christ cross-culturally, plant new and vibrant evangelical churches, produce dynamic and transformational leaders, and extend welfare to the less advantaged of the community.
Boro Baptist Church Association is committed to raise up and build Christ centred churches and the kingdom of God through recruiting, training, nurturing, sending and evangelizing to the lost souls.
“Arise and Build” Nehemiah 2:18
- To promote Christian love, close understanding and unity of the constituent bodies in faith, fellowship and worship.
- To make every church a disciple making church.
- To plant new churches cross-culturally within and beyond Assam.
- To establish self-supporting, self-propagating and Bible based Baptist churches.
- To o establish and conduct denominational schools, colleges and hoste
- To initiate, establish and promote health care and engage in charitable and public welfare activities to uplift the socio-economic conditions of the society for a healthy living.
- To organize trainings and seminars for Christian workers.
- To educate students for the service of God and be effective future leaders.
- To reach out to every Youth and Children with the gospel of Christ.
- To establish and promote sound Christian homes.
- To work in partnership with other churches and like minded organizations for the extension of the Kingdom of God.
- Council of Baptist Churches in Northeast India
- Boro Baptist Convention
- Baptist World Alliance
- Rabha Baptist Church Union
- Karbi-Anglong Baptist Convention
- Mising Baptist Kebang
- List of Christian denominations in Northeast India.