Bojan Mohar is a Slovenian and Canadian mathematician, specializing in graph theory. He is a professor of mathematics at the University of Ljubljana and the holder of a Canada Research Chair in graph theory at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Mohar received his Ph.D. from the University of Ljubljana in 1986, under the supervision of Tomo Pisanski.
With Carsten Thomassen he is the co-author of the book Graphs on Surfaces (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001).
Awards and honors
Mohar was a Fulbright visiting scholar at Ohio State University in 1988, and won the Boris Kidrič prize of the Socialist Republic of Slovenia in 1990. He has been a member of the Slovenian Academy of Engineering since 1999. He was named a SIAM Fellow in 2018. He was elected as a Fellow of the American Mathematical Society in the 2020 Class, for "contributions to topological graph theory, including the theory of graph embedding algorithms, graph coloring and crossing numbers, and for service to the profession".
- Staff listing, Department of Mathematics, University of Ljubljana, accessed 2011-12-09.
- Canada Research Chairs – Chairholders – Bojan Mohar, accessed 2011-12-09.
- Bojan Mohar at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Introduction of Regular Members Archived 2012-04-26 at the Wayback Machine (in Slovenian), Slovenian Academy of Engineering, accessed 2011-12-09.
- "SIAM Announces Class of 2018 Fellows", SIAM News, March 29, 2018
- 2020 Class of the Fellows of the AMS, American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2019-11-03