Bois-de-Liesse Nature Park
The Bois-de-Liesse Nature Park (French: Parc-nature du Bois-de-Liesse) is a large park on the northwestern part of the Island of Montreal in Quebec, Canada. It is located in the cities of Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Dorval and Montreal (boroughs of Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Pierrefonds-Roxboro and Saint-Laurent). Bertrand Brook runs through the park.
|Bois-de-Liesse Nature Park|
Parc-nature du Bois-de-Liesse
|Location||Island of Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Area||158 ha (390 acres)|
|Operated by||City of Montreal|
The park is named after the Côte-de-Liesse, a former municipality that existed in the area, before being divided into Dorval, Lachine and Saint-Laurent in 1957. The town was named for Liesse-Notre-Dame in France.
The park was established in 1984 and has an area of 158 hectares (390 acres). The reception center is located in Pitfield House, which was built between 1952 and 1954 according to plans by the architectural firm Archibald, Illsley and Templeton. It was acquired by the Montreal Urban Community in 1979.
- "Parc régional du Bois-de-Liesse". Fiche descriptive. Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse". Fiche descriptive. Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "La maison Pitfield – The Pitfield house". Association Propriétaires & Résidants Pierrefonds-Roxboro. Retrieved 22 September 2013.