Robert Duncan James "Bob" Shennan (born 18 March 1962, Wirral, Cheshire) is a British media executive and current group managing director of the BBC. He was appointed to the role in March 2019 having previously held the positions of director, BBC Radio and Music and controller of BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 6 Music.
Shennan has been a senior executive in radio and television for a number of years. He started as a journalist at Hereward Radio in Peterborough from 1984–7. He joined BBC Sport in 1987 as a trainee radio sport producer and was part of the team that founded BBC Radio Five Live. After working as head of BBC Sport where he had overall responsibility for sports coverage on BBC radio and television, he was appointed head of BBC Radio 5 Live in 2000. As the network's controller he oversaw the launch of BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra in 2002, and also took over as controller of the BBC Asian Network in 2004. Shennan took over as director, BBC Radio and Music, in October 2016, and became group managing director of the BBC in 2019.
- "BBC promotes Bob Shennan to group managing director". Music Week. 20 March 2019. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "Bob Shennan appointed new BBC director of radio". BBC Online. 20 October 2016. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "Shennan becomes head of Radio 2". BBC Online. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- "New boss for 5Live". BBC Online. 25 April 2000. Retrieved 11 February 2009.
- "Bob Shennan appointed Controller BBC Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music". BBC Online. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- Holmwood, Leigh (27 January 2009). "Bob Shennan named Radio 2 controller". London: Guardian Media. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- The Radio Academy "Fellows" Archived 24 October 2014 at the Wayback Machine